It’s Frances Byrne here. I love the New Year as it also means new products being released by Elizabeth Craft Designs at CHA, and who doesn’t love new things! I am super excited about the new dies being released this week. For my card today I have made a Circle Stand Up Helper (easel style) card using some of the new Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circles, Fitted Circles, and Stitched Circles dies from Els van de Burgt Studio as well as the yummy new Joset Designs Cupcakes die set.
Here’s how I created my project:
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb so it measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches and fold in half.
- Using the largest circle die from the Fitted Circles die set, position it on the front of the folded white card so that part of the cutting edge of the die is beyond the fold line. Refer to photos above. Run through die cutting machine.
- When you remove the die and open up your card it should like the photo above.
- Fold one of the circles in half so it lines up with the edges and reinforce the score line with bone folder.
2. Die cut another large circle from the Fitted Circles die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to the back of three different shades of pink cardstock. Using the Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circles die, run through die cutting machine with each color.
- Select the first and fourth largest frame from the dark pink cardstock; the second largest frame from the mid pink cardstock and the third largest frame from the pale pink cardstock.
- Position these so they are centred onto the large white circle we die cut previously. (Tape in place if necessary with removable tape.)
- Remove the protective backing from either the outer or inner circle and position that onto the card with the others still in place and then careful remove protective backing from each of the other frames and position them onto your large circle.
3. Apply adhesive to the white half circle and attach the decorated circle onto the card base.
4. Using the second largest circle from the Stitched Circles die set die cut a piece of dark pink card which is approx. 5 inches square.
- Find the centre of the circle and measure down approx. 1/2 inch and place the Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper word die onto the card and run through die cutting machine.
- Optional: cut a strip of dark pink cardstock and adhere it to the back of the large pink circle under the hole created by the stand up die.
- Adhere pink circle to the bottom white circle of the card base.
- Using the pale pink card die cut another Happy Birthday birthday sentiment using the Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper Word die. Cut along the scored line created when die cutting and adhere over the dark pink Happy Birthday sentiment. (Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of pale pink cardstock prior to die cutting making it easier to hold the word strip in place.)
5. Using the flower and flower centre from the Cupcake die set die cut 5 pale pink flowers and 5 mid pink flower centres. Adhere the flower centre to the flower and adhere to the dark pink circle on the card base. (Optional: Shade pale pink flower with Copic Markers if desired).
6. Using the Cupcakes die set die cut the following:
- (1) Cupcake base from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Cupcake Icing from designer paper.
- (1) Ribbon from mid pink cardstock
- (1) Bow from mid pink cardstock
- (3) Candles from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (3) Candles from dark pink cardstock
- Color the cupcake base using Copic Markers.
- Color the flames on the white card with yellow Copic Markers. Cut off the flame from the dark pink candles and adhere the dark pink candles to the white candles.
- Assemble the cupcake referring to photo above and adhere to the centre of the decorated circle using foam tape for dimension.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1115 Fitted Frames 5 Lace Circles 1116 Stitched Circles 1117 Fitted Circles 1144 Cupcakes 937 Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper PSF102 White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb/270gr 8.5″ x 11″ 508 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm 502 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet 8.5″ x 11″ Other: Cardstock: Pale Pink, Mid Pink, Dark Pink Designer Paper: Maja Design Summer Crush Flirty 12 x 12 Paper (dot pattern) Copic Markers Foam Tape