By Jeanette Horner
Hello, its Jeanette here for Susan’s Garden Club. Remembering the old barn in a neighbors field, and every spring this beautiful old dogwood tree, bloomed so beautiful against the barn. I think of it in the springtime and wonder if it is still there.The limbs would fall across the old door, with the old iron hinges and old leather strap, for a handle. This inspired the card…
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 10 X 7. Fold in half and score.
- Cut black cardstock 5 X 7 and glue on white card, with Clear Double side Adhesive 1/4″
- Cut Through the Lens patterned cardstock (Wood) 4 3/4 x 6 and glue on to black, with Clear Double Sided Adhesive 1/4″
- Cut label from White Soft Finish Cardstock 1 3/4 X 3. Stamp Seeds of Thought – All Things of Nature in black as a sentiment. Set aside.
- Cut 5 sets of flower petals from Susan’s Garden – Dogwood in White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut 5 sets of leaves from green cardstock.
- Cut 1 tree branch from brown cardstock.
- Die cut 4 of the Ropes 1. Use the straight rope. (Click here for a video about Els van de Burgt Studio’s Jewels, Chains, Ropes, and Ribbons)
- Cut 2 sets of Hardware 1 – Hinges from black cardstock, choose the hinge you want , cut 2 of the same, and glue to left side of door. Choose another and make your door handle; glue to card.
- Shade and highlight your petals, leaves, and branch using Pan Pastels from sets#1 and #3. Use Copic R89 deep red for the top of your petals. Form your petals with Susan’s All Metal Tool Set and refer to Susan’s video on Dogwoods (Click here for video).
- Once formed, use fast drying glue and assemble your dogwood flowers.
- For the center of the flower, put a pea sized dot of liquid glue and pour on some green prills. Let set for a minute, then pour excess off.
- Glue branch on card, place flowers on the branch and glue down, then place your leaves.
- Shade the ropes from Ropes 1 with PanPastel in brown (from the above kits).
- Attach ropes with 1/8″ Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Attach one at top of card and one at bottom. Also attach rope to sentiment label, top and bottom; cut away excess.
- Adhere label to card with pop dots.
- Use the same brown PanPastel and shade the corners of the woodgrain door, and the sides of the label.
Finished, now wasn’t that fun?! A card that can be enjoyed by anyone, male or female and most occasions..
Hope you enjoyed!!
Bye now, Happy Petals
Elizabeth Craft Designs