Mary here to share a card with a lot of dimension. The hydrangea flowers are on dome shaped platforms to pop them up; the shaped petals make them look more realistic. I coated the sentiment with puff paint, then mounted it on a popped up label. I added texture to the paper using clear embossing powder. I also added subtle designs to the label with glitter embossing powder through a Stage It Stencil. Note: the flowers on the card may not exactly match those found in nature.
Making the Card
1. Cut Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock to 7 x 10 inches; fold in half to form a 5×7 card base. Cut True Blue Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches. Optional: go around outside edges with Copic B66 or similar marker – this hides the white core. Adhere to front of card.
2. Cut BoBunny Secret Garden Arbor cardstock to 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches. Using largest label die from Lorna Label PopUp, die cut True Blue Soft Finish Cardstock. Optional: go around outside edges with Copic B66. From heavy weight white cardstock, die cut Happy Birthday. (Note: if you do not have heavy weight white cardstock, just die cut a couple copies and glue them in a stack to make them thicker.)
3. As shown in the video below, use clear embossing powder and VersaMarker to add some shine and slight texture to the paper. You will also decorate the label, using the Coffee stencil and glitter embossing powder, plus add dimension to the sentiment with puff paint.
4. Adhere BoBunny paper to front of card as shown. Create Hydrangea following instructions in video below. I used purple and purple/blue cardstock for the petals. After shaping petals and gluing them on the domes I added small Prills to the centers of each.
5. Adhere sentiment to label as shown. Using dimensional tape, add label to card where shown. Optional: add sequins as shown.
- Susan’s Garden – Hydrangea
- Stage It Stencils: Coffee
- Lorna Label PopUp
- Happy Birthday Die
- Soft Finish Cardstock: Whisper Blue, True Blue
- Beacon Kids Choice Glue
- Susan’s Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- Mini Molding Pad
- PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit 2
- Cardstock: Purple, Blue/Purple, Green, White (Heavy weight, or glue two copies of die cut together)
- BoBunny Paper: 12″ Secret Garden Arbor (#19501362)
- Embossing Powder: Clear, Glitter
- Puff Paint: White
- Masking Tape (e.g. Post-It Removable Labeling Tape)
- Dimensional Tape
- Optional: Copic B66 or other matching marker
- Optional: Sequins