Hello!!! It’s Wanda here today to share a beautiful Christmas card that could easily be done production line style. It uses the newest Merry Christmas die set designed by Suzanne Cannon. I love the style and size of this set and the fact that you can arrange the words however you’d like.
- Cut white cardstock 4 3/8″ x 5 3/8″. Ink inside of embossing folder (the side with the raised design) with Pine Needles, spray with water (you want the ink wet but not dripping), and press inked folder onto white cardstock. Press well, allowing time for the ink to soak into the paper. Dry paper.
2. Mist your “stamped” paper with water to blur and soften the image. If you get some drips of water, that is fine.
3. Die cut a Dotted Scallop Oval from the center of the paper. Die cut the next size larger oval from gold metallic cardstock.
4. Die cut one Merry Christmas from red cardstock and one from white cardstock.
5. Cut red cardstock 4 3/4″ x 9 1/2″. Score and fold to create a top-fold card. Attach background to card. Attach ovals together and then attach them to the card with foam tape. Use liquid glue to attach the words together and to attach them to the card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s simple, but beautiful card!!! I’ve made this in traditional colors but it would be easy to change the palette, even using bright pink and green. Or how about orange and yellow? Or you could use shades of blue – maybe light blue in the background and dark blue for the words, and instead of a gold oval, make it glittery white with Silk Microfine Glitter. The possibilities are endless. If you have Facebook and are inspired to create, I hope you’ll share what you make in the Elizabeth Craft Designs Family group.
See ya next time!!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products –
- A Way With Words – Merry Christmas
- Els van de Burgt Studio – Dotted Scallop Ovals
- Embossing Folder – Damask
Other Supplies –
- Cardstock – White, Red, Gold Metallic
- Distress Ink – Pine Needles (Ranger)
- Distress Sprayer with Water
- Foam Mounting Tape
- Scotch Create Tacky Glue (3M) in a Fine Line Applicator Bottle