Our Guest Designer for today is Judi Kauffman, the artist behind Elizabeth Craft Designs’ new Dragonfly Ladies and Little Cuties peel-offs. She calls this pair of cards, featuring Dragonfly Ladies in Circles, “Circles in Squares”. We love the cards she made! Here are some pictures and below Judi’s step by step instructions.
1. Put double-sided adhesive sheet onto white cardstock.
2. Remove the release sheet and place it upside down on your workspace (shiny side up). Leave the cardstock with the exposed adhesive on the table, set to one side. (Don’t touch it till Step 4!)
3. Take your Peel-off outline and place it upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up).
4. Take your white cardstock and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-off on it. The Peel-off will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
5. Turn the cardstock so that the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the adhesive. You have now transferred your outline sticker.
6. Cover the adhesive with Silk Microfine Glitter in Warm Diamond. Polish with your finger.
7. Color with alcohol-based markers (As shown: Letraset ProMarkers in a bright palette, but you can use whatever colors you prefer). Carefully cut around each circle.
8. Using Elizabeth Craft Designs’ all-over pattern folder of choice, emboss Amethyst and Turquoise Gemstones Shimmer Sheetz (or emboss the Iris or Gemstones Shimmer Sheetz colors that coordinate with the markers you used). Lightly sand to highlight the embossing.
9. For each card, hand- or die-cut a 3″ circle from the embossed Shimmer Sheetz. Adhere the glittered circle to the Shimmer Sheetz circle, using small pieces of double-sided adhesive sheet.
10. For each card, fold a 5.5″ x 11″ piece of ivory cardstock in half, creating a 5.5″ square left-side fold card base.
11. Layer with alternating solid and patterned papers as shown or as you prefer. Top (smallest) square is 4″ x 4″.
12. Die cut a greeting from Adhesive Velvet Sheet in Blue or in color of choice.
13. Adhere layered circle, using foam dots for dimension.
14. Add die-cut greeting, centered below the circle.
15. Optional: Embellish the Dragonfly Ladies’ antennae with Glitter Dot Peel-offs. Add a Glitter Flower Peel-off to the neck of the dress on the Dragonfly Lady wearing purple.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
– Shimmer Sheetz Amethyst Gemstone
– Shimmer Sheetz Turquoise Gemstone
– Dragonfly Ladies in Circles Peel-offs # 2565 B
– Glitter Dots Assorted # 7018 Turquoise/Silver
– Glitter Dots Assorted # 7018 Violet/Silver
– Glitter Flowers # 7048 Purple/Silver
– Silk Microfine Glitter # 639 Warm Diamond
– Adhesive Velvet Sheets Blue
– Double-sided Adhesive Sheets # 502
– Thinking of You # 789
– Congratulations # 784
– Botanical Tea Collection patterned papers (from 8″ x 8″ pad)
– Beacon ZipDry Glue for all paper-to-paper layers
– Solid cardstock (any manufacturer)
– 3″ circle tracing template or die
– Paper trimmer or straight edge, craft knife and cutting mat