Hi, It’s Jackie Smith and today I would like to show you my favourite die called “Katie Label Pivot Card” designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, along with another favourite of mine; Peel-Offs using Tombow markers and Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
To create the card:
1. Create card base from double sided paper. Cut 6″x 12″, score at 6″ and fold in half.
(6″ Square card)
2. Die cut pivot using double sided card base. Watch Karen HERE showing you how to use the
Katie Label Pivot Card die.
3. Cut 2 pieces of blue paper (1 1/4″ x 5 3/4″) & (2 1/4″x 5 3/4″). Cut 2 pieces of paisley paper
(1″x 5 1/2″) & (2″ x 5 1/2″) and adhere over blue paper. Cut 2 pieces of dot paper (1 3/4″ x
2 1/2″ each) and adhere on either side of label as shown. Add checkered washi tape as shown.
4. Cut a piece of Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (2″ x 2 1/4″) and emboss (Embossing folder used: Butterflies by ECD). Sponge Azure StazOn ink on embossed Shimmer Sheetz as shown.
5. Place 2 water lilies, 2 butterflies and 1 ladybug Peel-Off on watercolor paper. Color with Tombow markers. Use Black and Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots to decorate butterflies and water lily.
6. Cut 4 pieces of checkered paper; 2 pieces (2 1/8″x 5 3/4″) and 2 pieces (1 3/4″x 5 3/4″).
Adhere as shown. Cut 4 pieces of dot paper; 2 pieces (1 3/4″x 2) and 2 pieces (1 1/8″x 1 3/4″).
7. Die cut 2 pieces of checkered paper using the largest label from the Katie Label Pivot die. Stamp sentiment on left hand using Citrine Pigment ink and emboss using clear embossing powder.
On right side use Citrine Pigment ink and emboss using Pearlustre Aventurine embossing powder. Heat set. Cut sentiments out using the second largest label from the Katie Label die. Sponge with Tumble Glass Distress ink by Tim Holtz.
8. Adhere 1 large and 2 small butterflies Peel-Offs onto Double Sided Adhesive and apply Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color with Tombow markers. You can watch Els demoing this technique HERE. Place butterflies where shown.
9. Adhere all other Peel-Off images on card. Use pop dots where shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper – Authentique ‘Loyal’ Collection
Other- Tombow Markers – 368,491,093,228,068,422,N15, N00, Citrine Pigment Ink- Clearsnap, PEARLustre Aventurine EP -Stampendous, Clear Zing Embossing Powder- American Crafts, Azure StazOn ink pad- Tsukineko, Stamps – Clematis & Butterflies – Flourishes, Butterfly Dreams – JustRite, Paper Trimmer, Scor-it Board, pop dots, adhesive.