It’s Debra here to share another project with you. Spring is in the air and the butterflies are emerging in all their beauty. I wanted to celebrate the butterfly on my card and using the brand new Elizabeth Craft Designs Butterfly Labels peel-offs was the perfect way. This card is quick and easy with a little twist. I used Kraft colored cardstock for the base of my card and as background for my gold peel-0ff sticker. I used the same technique we have learned before but using your Kraft as your background to color of top of the Silk Microfine Glitter will give your project a whole new look. So fun, so fresh!
To create the card:
1. Fold a 8.5”x 5.5” piece of Kraft colored cardstock in half to create a 4.25”x 5.5” (A2 size)
2. Emboss the front half of the card using the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder.
Rub with VersaMark Ink Pad to emphasize the embossed design.
3. Using the Accordion Fancy Label, die cut one accordion page out of red cardstock and cut out the fancy label in the center. This will be the mat for your glittered butterfly label peel-off.
4. From the same red cardstock, die cut Happy Birthday.
6. Remove release sheet and place it upside down on your workspace (shiny side up). Leave the cardstock with the exposed adhesive on the table, set to one side.
7. Take your peel-off and place it upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up).
8. Take your Kraft cardstock and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the peel-off on it. The peel-off will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the cardstock.
9. Take off the release sheet and cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger to set the glitter and bring up the shine.
11. Next step is coloring your peel-off image using Copic Markers.
When coloring with Copic Markers on Silk Microfine Glitter remember that the ink will sit on top of the glitter so very little is needed. For the butterfly, when adding the red to the wings, only use a little bit of ink and use the Colorless Blender Pen to spread the color and fill the space. This will give a beautiful fading effect fast and easy! Be careful not to get Copic on the gold peel-off as it will show. If this happens take an alcohol wipe or a bit of hand sanitizer on a paper towel and gently dab off the color from the sticker.
12. To complete your card, adhere the colored butterfly peel-off onto the red label cut in step 3. (Option: Use foam adhesive for dimension if desired). Adhere red label to the top center of your card front. Adhere the Happy Birthday die cut below. Add Red Glitter Borders around the outside edge of the card and add one dot cut from the border to the “i” in Birthday.
I hope you enjoyed making this card with me today! It’s quick and easy and so beautiful on the Kraft cardstock giving it a little twist from the usual.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
2569 Butterfly Labels 1 Peel-Off Sticker Gold
7010 Glitter Borders Assorted Peel-Off Stickers Red
E119 Swirly Curves Embossing Folder
502 Double Sided Adhesive
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
738 Happy Birthday die
Kraft cardstock- Bazzill
VersaMark Ink Pad
Copic Markers: o, E31, E57, R89