Hello everyone! Helen here today, sharing with you an accordion card. Ever since I first came across Elizabeth Craft Designs, I had my eye on the Nesting Doll Peel-Offs, thinking that they would be fun to have a go at colouring one day. Well, I finally got round to it, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!
1. Cut out some double-sided adhesive, large enough for a nesting doll peel-off, and stick one side of it onto white cardstock.
2. Stick a nesting doll peel-off sticker to the other side of the double sided adhesive. I used Els’s transfer technique to get my peel-off sticker nice and straight on the adhesive. Watch Els demoing this technique HERE.
3. Cover the nesting doll and adhesive with Cool Diamond Microfine Silk Glitter, and rub in.
4. Colour the nesting doll with Copic pens, and add highlights with White Enamel Accents. Set aside to dry.
5. Cut out the nesting doll.
6. Use the Accordion Oval Card die set, and Oval Flourish Frame Edges to cut out the pieces as shown below. For the gingham frames, cut out full Accordion Oval panels, snip out the centre parts, and trim off extra tabs.
7. Also die cut a ‘Get Well Soon’, two of the smallest leaves from the Triple Leaf set, and a heart which is also from the Accordion Oval Card die set.
8. Adhere the Flourish Frame edges with a glue pen, and adhere the rest of the big pieces with a glue runner.
9. Adhere the words and leaves with a glue pen, and the doll and heart on foam pads.
10. Finally, add some more White Enamel Accents in between the die cut stitches on the turquoise oval panel.
I hope you have enjoyed this card! Why not have another look at Elizabeth Craft Designs’ wonderful range of Peel-Off Stickers, and see if any catch your eye?!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
(501) Double Sided Adhesive
(0381) Nesting Doll Peel-Off Stickers
(639) Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
(801) Fine Pointed Scissors
(772) Accordion Oval Card
(777) Oval Flourish Frame Edges
(790) Get Well Soon
(703) Triple Leaf Set
Pink Gingham Paper
Red Gingham Paper
Ranger Enamel Accents in White
Adhesive Foam Dots or Squares