It’s Frances here and today I would like to share a birthday card I created using Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers, Shimmer Sheetz and one of the new embossing folders. I always love to finish off the inside of my cards so I will also show you how I have done that.
1. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet approx 4 inches x 4.5 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive and set aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere your Double Sided Adhesive sheet to a piece of white card the same size.
2. From the Balloons Peel-Off Sticker sheet remove the bunch of 3 balloons and the long dotted balloon. Place these sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
3. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
4. Turn your card so that the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the adhesive. You have now transferred your outline sticker.
5. Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired. Cut out the 2 balloon images.
6. Layer the bunch of balloons using foam tape onto a piece of white card that is 2 inches x 4 inches. Attach Line Peel-Offs around the edge of the white card. Layer this to a piece of black card that is 2 1/4 inches x 4 1/4 inches. (Keep the remaining balloon for the inside of card)
8. Cut Yellow, Green, Orange and Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz so they are 4 inches x 1 1/4 inches and attach these to the adhesive paper prepared in step 7.
9. Place your Shimmer Sheetz panel in the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder and run it through your die cutting machine. Remove Shimmer Sheetz and use a sanding block to remove the color from the raised areas.
10.Trim down the Shimmer Sheetz so it measures 3 3/4 inches wide (keep offcut, this will be used on the inside of the card).
11. Add Line Peel-off Stickers between each color of Shimmer Sheetz and also around the edge of the Shimmer Sheetz panel.
12. Layer Shimmer Sheetz panel onto a black card that measures 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
13. Cut a piece of orange card 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches, score in the center so you have a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top folded card. Assemble layers as shown in the photo of the finished card at the beginning.
14. Cut a piece of white card that is 3 3/4 inches x 5 inches and layer onto a black card that is 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
15. Add the strip of Shimmer Sheetz that you trimmed down in step 10 to the left edge of the white card. Add a Line Peel-Off Sticker along the edge of the Shimmer Sheetz.
16. Cut a piece of white card and Double Sided Adhesive Paper that are 3 1/2 inches x 2 inches. Remove the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive and layer this onto the white card.
17. Use this paper and die cut the words “Happy Birthday” ensuring that the adhesive paper will be at the top of the letters when die cutting. Remove the release sheet from the “Happy Birthday” and cover adhesive with Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter and polish this with your finger. Adhere the greeting to the white card.
18. Adhere remaining balloon that we created earlier to the top right hand side of the card. From the Balloon Peel-Off Sticker sheet remove a balloon string and curly string and place them with your balloon on the card. Adhere inside panel to the inside of your card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Balloons Peel-Off Stickers (2552)
Lines Peel-Off Stickers (1016)
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (641)
Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter (631)
Happy Birthday Die (738)
Lots of Dots Embossing Folder (E114)
Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0108)
Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0109)
Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0107)
Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0103)
Double Sided Adhesive (502)