It’s Jackie once again and I’m showing you what I like to do on a hot day like the one we had this past Friday here in Edmonton. I’m using the following Karen Burniston’s dies – “Garden Bench”,
“All Seasons Tree”, “Butterfly Pivot Card” and “Butterfly Accessory Dies”. On hot days, I would love to sit on a park bench under the trees and watch people go by.
1. Create base from brown cardstock. Cut 7″x 10″ rectangle; score and fold in half (front fold card is 5″x 7″).
2. Cut brown/peach flower paper 4 3/4″x 6 3/4″, layer on top using Double-sided Adhesive to base. Cut blue paper 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, again layer it on the brown/peach paper using Double-sided Adhesive. Cut blue/peach paper 4″x 6″ and layer it on top.
3. Cut out blue butterfly and pink flower from same paper, adhere using pop up dots as shown.
4. Stamp sentiment using Pool pigment ink and emboss using Pool Party embossing powder.
Instructions – Inside
1. Create insert using blue (Birds of a Feather) paper. Cut 6 3/4″ x 11″; score and fold in half. Place Garden Bench on fold line and run it thru die machine. Reverse paper and cut background paper behind the bench. I then cut out a couple more pop up steps to add more trees as shown by Karen Burniston in this video using the Lots of Pops die. Cut out light green dot paper 3″x 6 1/2″ and run it thru Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder. Sponge dark green ink to highlight embossed areas.
2. Cut out trees using various brown papers using the All Seasons Tree as shown. Cut out foliage using various green papers using the small & large clouds from the All Seasons Tree. Adhere using glue dots and pop up dots as shown. Cut out grass using various green papers using the grass die from the Garden Bench die.
3. Apply Double-sided Adhesive to white paper. Cut out butterflies using small butterfly from Butterfly Pivot Card. Remove liner and adhere Blue Sky Silk Microfine Glitter. Adhere using glue dots as shown.
5. Stamp sentiment onto a brown script paper using Pool pigment ink and emboss using Black Embossing Powder. Heat set. Cut out using Photo Label large Punch. Sponge brown ink along edges. Adhere on large sticker by Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
780 – Garden Bench
781 – All Seasons Trees
778 – Lots of Pops
773 – Butterfly Accessory Die
767 – Butterfly Pivot Card
E105 – Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder
SS 0103 – Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
406 – Velvet Adhesive Sheet Black
502 – Double-sided Adhesive Sheets
Cardstock – Early Espresso, Pool Party paper and Shimmery White – Stampin’ Up, Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection
Other: Paper Trimmer, scoring board, Black, Pool Party Embossing Powder, Glue dots – Stampin’Up, Pool Pigment ink – Clearsnap
Tattered Rose, Pine Needles and Brushed Corduroy- Tim Holtz Distress Ink