It’s Joset here today with a Asian theme pop-up card. I love the Asian Vases Peel-offs. This design has been in the Elizabeth Craft Designs collection for a while, but is still one of my favorites. I used the Lots of Pops die and some new patterned paper I received. You can follow my instructions below. I hope you enjoy this tutorial.
To create the card:
1. Cut blue patterned paper at 5 1/4 inches x 10 1/2 inches, scored at 5 1/4 inches. Fold in half. This will be your card base.
2. Cut yellow patterned paper at 4 3/4 inches x 10 inches and score at 5 inches.
3. Place Lots of Pops at score line and die cut. Use wash tape (or other low-tack tape) to keep die in place.
4. Pop up the 2 center pops leaving the 2 outside pops flat.
5. Adhere pop-up card to the inside of your card base.
6. Cut 2 pieces of the yellow patterned paper to 5 1/4 inches x 2 inches. Adhere to the outside of the card as shown in the picture below. Also cut 2 scalloped circles using one of the accessory dies from the Accordion Circle Card. Adhere one to the front of the card.
7. Place 1 Flower Vine Peel-off on the front of the card. Add Glitter Dot Peel-offs to the center of the flowers.
8. Cut a piece of white card stock big enough for 2 vases and put double-sided adhesive on top. Remove release sheet and place it upside down on your work table (shiny side up)
9. Place 2 Asian Vase Peel-offs upside down on release sheet (sticky side up). Take your white cardstock and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the stickers. Take off release sheet and cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger and use a brush to brush off the excess glitter. Return excess glitter to jar.
10. Color peel-offs with alcohol markers and carefully cut around each vase after coloring.
Add three Glitter Dot Peel-offs across the bottom of the small vase. Adhere vases to the pop-ups as shown on the picture of the finished card below.
11. Place 1 Flower Vine Peel-off behind the top vase as shown. Peel off some of the leftover negative parts of the leaves from the sticker sheet and place them back in the leaves (one half of each leaf will now be filled in). Add Glitter Dot Peel-offs to the center of the flowers.
12. Die cut Thank You out of Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet and adhere to scalloped circle (the second circle that was cut in step 6). Add a Glitter Dot Peel-off to each scallop. Adhere circle towards the left of the card, as shown. Use double-sided adhesive under the bottom of the circle and foam tape under the top to create dimension. (The circle will tilt up at an angle.)
13. Using the Sticker Transfer Sheet, lift and move the negative parts of the flower from the top vase (leftovers that remain on the Peel-off sheet) onto the card at the bottom right. Watch Els demonstrating the Sticker Transfer Sheet HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
778 Lots of Pops die
769 Accordion Circle Card die
2516 Asian Vases Peel-Offs in Black
2547 Flower Vines Peel-Offs in Black
7018 Glitter Dots Peel-Offs Gold/Silver
600 Transfer Sheet
502 Double Sided Adhesive
406 Velvet Adhesive Sheets in Black
642 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Patterned Paper: BoBunny (Yellow Paper – Somewhere In Time collection/
Blue Paper – Double Dot Designs Ocean Vintage)
Big Shot or other die cutting machine