Debra Hensley here today to share a project with you. With Father’s Day right around the corner
I have been thinking of all the wonderful men in my life. I know they would enjoy hearing from me more and what a better way than with a fun card any guy would love featuring the “Classic” Car from the Cars, Planes, Motors Peel-Off and the Circle Accordion Card Die. This design is quick and easy and would work well to make several at once to keep on hand for when you want to reach out to men in your life.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Cut a white piece of card stock to 4 3/4 x 9 1/2. Fold in half to form the square card base that fits the panel from the Accordion Circle Card die with the tab cut off.
2. Die cut 2 panels from the Accordion Circle Card die – one from red cardstock and one from pattern paper. The die can cut through both layers at once easily. Cut out the circles from both panels and trim the long side tab off the red panel.
3. Cut a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 piece of blue pattern paper. Adhere to the front of your white card base. Ink the remaining pieces with brown ink and adhere to the front with the star pattern paper slightly off set to the bottom left of the inner circle cut out.
4. Print or stamp a sentiment and die cut it out with the middle circle in the Accordion Circle Card die set. Once cut, ink the edges with brown ink and free-hand pierce around the circle for a little added texture and interest.
5. Cover a 4 x 2 piece of white cardstock with double sided adhesive. Peel off the liner and place on your work surface. Peel off the sports car from the Cars, Planes, Motors Peel-Off sticker and place it on the release sheet, sticky side up. Carefully place the cardstock with the adhesive on to the release sheet. Rub well to make sure it is securely attached and remove the release sheet.
The car should now be transferred to the adhesive and ready to glitter. Apply Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive. Brush off any excess and polish with your finger to set the glitter and bring up the shine.
6. Cut out the car and color with alcohol markers. I used Copic Markers, colors Y32, R46 and N2. For this card I left a lot of the image uncolored which made the assembly much quicker. Add two strips of Glitter Stars Border about 1/3 up from the bottom across the star pattern paper to simulate a road. Add the cut out car on Pop Dots. Add additional strips of Glitter Star Border to the top and bottom of the card.
7. To complete the card, add the sentiment on foam adhesive above and to the right of the car.
Clip 3 of the larger stars from the Glitter Star Border strips and place around the sentiment to tie it all together.
Here’s another look at the finished card.
I hope you enjoyed making this card with me today. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used:
1009 Cars,Planes,Motor Peel- Off
769 Accordion Circle Card
7062 Glitter Stars Border- Gold/Silver
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
501 Double Sided Adhesive
Other Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper- Authentique, Graphic 45
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Piercer and pad
Copic Markers- N2, Y32. R46