It’s Rita here on this beautiful Sunday morning. It’s been nice and sunny here in California and we enjoyed some spectacular fireworks this past weekend. My project for today is all about Christmas. Yes, you read my title correctly :-). I have been enjoying some Christmas spirit right in July with the NEW and so amazing die sets from Elizabeth Craft Designs (available mid-July). I made a Christmas card with matching gift tags.
This is how I created my card and tags:
1. Die cut 3 tags out of silver cardstock and 3 out of patterned paper.
2. Die cut 7 sprigs from Peridot Gemstone and 6 from Fire Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Die cut 6 sets of the new Ornament Set 3. We will use 3 for the tags and 3 for the card.
Here you can see all the die cut pieces for our three tags.
4. To create tags, adhere 2 die cut tags together and add Glitter Border Peel-off along the edges of the tag. Assemble ornaments and adhere as shown. Adhere sprigs and bows as shown.
5. Add ribbons and your tags are complete.
To create the card:
6. Cut card base at 8.5″ x 6″, scored at 4.25″.
7. Cut a piece of glitter cardstock at 4.25″ x 6″ and a second piece at 3.25″ x 6″. Adhere 2 pieces together leaving a 1″ line on the top.
8. Die cut Merry Christmas on the open 1″ space. Also die cut a Merry Christmas from purple glitter cardstock.
9. Adhere glitter cardstock with Merry Christmas cut onto card base and insert purple Merry Christmas.
10. Adhere sprigs and ornaments (cut in step 2 and 3) as shown.
You can see that the tags match perfect with the card.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used today:
– New (927) Ornament Set 3 die set
– New (919) Candle die set
– (763) Tags die set
– Fire Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
– Peridot Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
– (SKU 2010) Glitter Boarders in gold
– DCWV The Twinkle Glints Stack
– DCWV The Glitzy Pastels Stack
– Grey card stock
– Ribbon by Clear Bags