Hi, Kelly Booth here! Have you seen the new Spiral Circle Pull Card by Karen Burniston yet?
This die is so much fun and it comes with 9 really cool accessory dies as well! There are so many different ways to use this die. I am going to show you one that I made using the cute bees from the Ladybugs Peel-Off sticker sheet.
Here is the front of the card in my happy colors!
And the card opened up:
Directions for making this card:
1. Cut a piece of teal cardstock 5.25″ by 11, score in half at 5.50″
2. Stamp background stamp on all sides of this piece with Audrey Blue dye Ink.
3. Place the Spiral Circle Pull Card die on the center fold lining up the little nubs to the fold and cut using your die cut machine like this:
4. Fold card so it pulls and trim 1.25″ from each side making the card 4.25″ by 5.50″.
5. Take a piece of white cardstock and run the Scalloped Spiral Circle Pull die through your die cutting machine and stamp polka dots on both sides. Blue on one side and yellow on the other.
6. Cut 3 sets of the Bunch of Flowers 1 from white cardstock.
7. Cut circle from white cardstock using the largest circle accessory die from the Ring Accordion set. Cut stitched circle from yellow cardstock using the middle stitched circle die from the same set.
Below is a photo showing the dies I used to finish the card:
8. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive onto white cardstock large enough to fit one small bee and one large bee from the Ladybugs Peel-off sheet.
9. Remove release sheet and place bees peel-offs onto the adhesive. Shake some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive and bees, polish with your fingers and shake off excess glitter.
10. Color bees with alcohol markers and cut them out.
11. Apply a a tiny amount of liquid glue onto the back edge of the large scalloped spiral pull and adhere it to the the large circle on the inside of the card.
12. Place a tiny bit of glue on the bottom of the center spiral and close card to get it in the right position. Let this dry.
13. Adhere white flowers to the spirals and adhere a second flower to the back of each flower. Adhere Glitter Dot Peel-Offs to the flower centers and color them using a yellow alcohol marker. Place one on each side of the flower centers that are visible.
14. Glue small bee onto the spiral near the end so he pops up slightly when the card is opened.
15. Adhere a glitter dot on each of the closure tabs for a little sparkle.
Below is what it should look like at this point.
16. Cut a small oval from white cardstock using one of the accessory dies from the Katie Label Accordion Card set. Ink edges slightly and stamp sentiment in black. Adhere on the far right side of the card.
17. Adhere large white circle to the front of the card and the stitched yellow circle (cut in step 7) on top using pop dots.
18. Adhere large bee to the stitched yellow circle and add a flower or two for a finished look.
So many possibilities using this fun new die created by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs!
If you have any questions, leave a comment here and I will get back to you. Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Impression Obsession Background Small Swirls stamp
Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Dye Ink
Teal, Yellow and white cardstock
Black Dye Ink
Die Cutting Machine
Foam Tape or Pop Dots
Copic Markers or Alcohol markers