It’s Frances here again! Did you know there are only 5 months or 153 days until Christmas! I hate doing the last minute rush of getting Christmas cards made so I like to start in July and get a few made each month. Then come December I have a stash of them ready to send out. So today I am sharing a Christmas card I created using the new Spiral Circle Pull Card, designed by Karen Burniston, and the Candle die which have both just been released this month.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of red card so that it is 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score the card along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches. Place the Spiral Circle Pull Card die so that the centre lugs on the die line up on the centre score line of the card and slightly up towards the top of the card. Run this though your die cutting machine.
2. Die cut the following pieces from the Candle die set: 1 candle base and 1 candle drip from white card that has Double Sided Adhesive applied to it. Add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to these pieces after die cutting. 2 holly leaves and 2 pine branches from green card. Sponge green ink to holly leaves after die cutting. 1 poinsettia flower from red card, 1 large flame from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz, 1 medium flame and 1 flower center from Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and 1 small flame from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Assemble candle as per photo above.
4. Adhere candle to the left side of the card base using foam tape.
5. Cut white circle using the largest circle accessory die from the Circle Spiral Pull Card set. Cut Merry Christmas from Red Velvet Adhesive and adhere to white circle. Adhere white circle to card base using foam tape.
6. Place spiral die inside the circle die (both from the Circle Spiral Pull Card set) and die cut spiral from red card.
7. Apply some glue around the outer edge of the spiral piece and adhere to the inside of the card as per photo above. Next apply glue to the center of the spiral, then close the card and apply pressure for a few seconds. Let glue dry.
8. Die cut 10 poinsettia flowers from red card, 10 holly leaves from green card, 6 pine branches from green card (sponge edges with green ink after die cutting) and 10 flower centers from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
9. Adhere flower centers to each poinsettia. Adhere holly leaves and pine branches behind each poinsettia. Adhere an extra leaf and branch behind one (the one for the candle on the left). Adhere flowers to the card and along the spiral as shown. Adhere 4 single flowers to the back of the ones that are adhered to the spiral. (Note: you may need to have the holly leaves on the 4 flowers which are backing the flowers on the spiral in reverse so that they match the holly leaves that can been seen on the front of the spiral).
10. Die cut tag from from white card and stamp sentiment onto this using black ink. Adhere tag to the center of the spiral so the hole on the tag is under the flower as per photo above.
11. Add striped patterned paper (1 3/8 inch wide) to the right hand edge of the card.
12. Add green candy dots to each of the closures.
Thanks for stopping by today.
White Card FM Clear Stamps Little Messages Stamp Set
Authentique Wonder 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Foam tape Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue Green candy dots Green Ink Pad Black Ink Pad