This is Rita here. For today’s post I have two words – baby & shower. As soon as I received the new dies, the Rubber Ducky and the Hello Stand Up Helper were my instant favorite. I had the idea to create baby shower invitations. Knowing that I would be creating several cards, I wanted to keep the design simple yet fun and unique.
This is how I created my cards:
1. To create the card base, cut white cardstock at 4 11/16″ wide x 9 3/8″ long, score at 2 5/16″ and at 4 11/16″ lengthwise. Whenever I create multiple cards, I mark my score marks on the board, which makes it easier to repeat the steps.
2. Die cut the Accordion Circle Card base from polka dot cardstock. Trim the extra fold piece that would otherwise connect one accordion panel to the next. Turn the die cut at 90 degree as shown.
3. Adhere the polka dot cardstock onto the white card base, lining up the fold of the polka dot cardstock with the first score line of the white card base. Please make sure to leave the top half of the circle of the polka dot die cut unattached, as this area will serve as the “stand up” portion.
4. Using Velvet Adhesive Sheets, die cut each element of the Rubber Ducky die set.
5. Assemble each rubber ducky and adhere onto the front of the polka dot cardstock.
6. Using complimenting polka dot and patterned cardstock, cut cardstock at 4 11/16″ wide x 3″ high and adhere onto the inside of the white card base.
7. Center the Hello Stand Up Helper over the polka dot cardstock and secure with a small piece of craft tape, as shown. Also cut the stand up helper from Yellow Velvet Adhesive Sheet that will overlay the white die cut.
8. Using the same white cardstock as the card base, cut cardstock at 4 3/16″ wide x 2 1/2″ high and adhere onto the inside of the card base, centered over the patterned cardstock.
9. Once the stand up helper is cut out, fold the front of the card and display the rubber ducky as a stand up card.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used today:
– White cardstock
– Blue cardstock
– Polka dot cardstock