Debra here to share a project featuring the new Crystal Flower dies. It seems I always need a birthday card for someone special but finding the time to make one isn’t easy – life gets busy! The Crystal Flower Set 1 and Crystal Flower Overlays dies are so intricate and beautiful – they make stunning embellishments for almost any occasion. Just cut the base and one of the overlays out of your favorite medium and all the work is done. The beauty is in the die itself!
Let me show you what I mean.
1. Cut white cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and fold in half to create your A2 size card base. Cut a piece of yellow cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 and adhere to the front of the card.
2. Cut a piece of pattern paper to 3 x 5. Using a piece of double sided adhesive that is 1/2 by 5, create a glitter strip by adhering it directly to the paper about 1″ from the bottom. Remove the liner and sprinkle with Teal Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and polish with your finger to bring up the shine. Also glitter the large center circle from the Crystal Flower Set 1 that has been die cut from double sided adhesive attached to white cardstock.
It will look like this when you are finished – so sparkly and beautiful! You can do this with any length or thickness of double sided adhesive.
3. Adhere this piece to your card front on foam adhesive about 1″ from the bottom edge.
4. Die cut the Crystal Flower Set 1 from White Irridescent Shimmer Sheetz and Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2 from teal cardstock. Die cut Happy Birthday also from teal cardstock and the floral flourish from white cardstock.
5. Using glue only around the inner ring of the overlays, adhere them to the Shimmer Sheetz solid flowers. This allows them to curl forward to add dimension to the flower. Add some foam adhesive between the two layers and the glittered center of the smaller flower.
6. Clip apart the Flourish with Flowers to use as foliage around the finished flower.
7. Adhere the completed flower and the flourish with flower die cuts to the card front as shown. Adhere Happy Birthday underneath the pattern panel. Add glitter dots to the flower overlays and the four corners of the pattern piece to complete. Here is a closeup.
I hope you enjoyed making this quick and beautiful card with me featuring the gorgeous Crystal Flower dies. Make a big stash so you will always be ready for that special birthday!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used:
924 Crystal Flower Set 1
923 Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2
797 Flourish With Flowers
717 Happy Birthday
SS 0102 White Irridescent Shimmer Sheetz
Double Sided Adhesive
7018 Glitter Dots Peel-offs Transparent/Silver
628 Teal Silk Microfine Glitter
Other products used:
Pattern Paper- Jillibean Soup