Hi everyone, it’s Jackie here today. Did you know that Christmas Eve is only 4 months away? Since those 4 months can go by really quick, I thought another Christmas card was in order. For this card I used the Winter Birds and Holly Branch Peel-Off Sticker in combination with Silk Microfine Glitter. I hope you will enjoy today’s tutorial.
1. Create card base from brown cardstock. Cut 7″x 10″ rectangle; score and fold in half (5″x7″ finished card size).
2. Cut stripe paper 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″, cut green paper 4 1/4″x 6 1/4″, and cut brown script paper 4″x 6″. Adhere green paper to stripe paper and brown script paper to green paper using double sided adhesive. See picture at the top for placement. Wrap green ribbon over the right hand corner adhering the ends at the back of the stripe paper. Adhere bow on top, then adhere paper layers to card base.
3. Place black birdhouse and black pine branch Peel-Offs onto white cardstock with double sided adhesive on top. Take off release sheet and place your stickers sticky side up onto the release sheet.
4. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top.
5. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. Use a brush to brush off the excess glitter.
6. Color glittered birdhouse and pine branch Peel-offs with Tombow Dual Brush Markers. (Tombow markers are water-based and require extra time to dry, or speed the process by blotting with a paper towel.) Use alcohol-based markers instead of water-based markers if you prefer.
7. Place double sided adhesive onto white cardstock. Take Sprig with Berries die and cut it out twice using the metal adapter plate to cut out intricate dies as shown by Els here
9. Cut Merry Christmas from Black Velvet Adhesive sheet and adhere as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cardstock and patterned papers – Early Espresso, Shimmery White – Stampin’ Up!, Christmas Joy collection – FabScraps
Paper trimmer, Big Shot, scoring board, Tombow Dual Brush Markers – 177, 192, 368, 491, 885, 933, 993, 992, 969, 977, N15 and N00