It’s Debra here. Life sometimes can be challenging and I find in those times a little humor helps lighten the load so much! I just got back from taking both my kids out of state to college and was in need of some smiles. I had that in mind when I create this humorous House Pivot card. It looks sweet and innocent on the front but when you open it you get a big surprise and hopefully a big smile! I can think of a lot of friends this would be so fun to send to.
All sweet and innocent.
Surprise! You’ve been T P”d! Good Friends. Good Times!
Here’s how I made this card:
1.Cut a piece of white cardstock and pattern paper suitable for a sky background each to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 – a standard A2 size. Score well in the center. Using the Karen Burniston House Pivot Card die, die cut the house, lining up the die with the centering nubs on the scored line, about 1 inch from the bottom. Once cut crease the folds well so it will close.
2. Die cut the decorator house from the House Pivot Card die in red cardstock. Using the die as a stencil, ink the bricks on with Fired Brick distress ink.
3. Die cut the additional decorator pieces from the House Pivot Card die set as well as trees, clouds and flowers from the All Seasons Tree die. Cut an additional fence from the House Pivot Card in white to overlay on the base. Cut three grass tufts from the grass Stand Up Helper in Set 1. Ink the two window inserts lightly with yellow ink. Print sentiment in brown on white cardstock and die cut with clouds from All Seasons Tree.
4. Cut strips of two ply paper towels about 1/2 wide. Separate the layers. Roll two up to form TP rolls and one just a little to put in a tree. This was fun!
5. Assemble the card. Adhere the house windows, door, roof and chimney to the red brick base. Add teal glitter dots to the window boxes as flowers. Add a small teal glitter dot to the door for a knob. Adhere a 1 inch strip of green cardstock to the bottom of the card under house. Add freehand-cut hills to both sides. Add grass tufts. Adhere completed house to pivot. Adhere white fence over base fence. To form bushes, cut one large green cloud in half and the bottom of one small green cloud. Add yellow flowers with glitter dots in the center. Add trees on foam adhesive, adhering only the trunk. Add green dotted clouds to form leaves of trees, adhered directly to the base leaving the branches unattached. String strips of paper towels over branches securing with mini glue dots. Vary the length for interest. Add 2 TP rolls to bottom. Adhere clouds with sentiment last.
6. For the card front add a strip of green cardstock to the bottom and a grass tuft cut in half. Add a cloud bush next to the house. Adhere three large clouds cut from the base pattern paper together in a line. Stamp sentiment with brown ink on clouds. Adhere to the front of the card at the top. Add additional small clouds to finish.
I hope this fun card brought you a smile today. It was a blast to make! Let me know if you end up TPing a House Pivot Card too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies used:
Cardstock – Bazzill
Pattern Paper-Scrapbook Wizard
mini glue dots
brown red and yellow ink