It’s Debra here. Life sometimes can be challenging and I find in those times a little humor helps lighten the load so much! I just got back from taking both my kids out of state to college and was in need of some smiles. I had that in mind when I create this humorous House Pivot card. It looks sweet and innocent on the front but when you open it you get a big surprise and hopefully a big smile! I can think of a lot of friends this would be so fun to send to.
All sweet and innocent.
Surprise! You’ve been T P”d! Good Friends. Good Times!
Here’s how I made this card:
1.Cut a piece of white cardstock and pattern paper suitable for a sky background each to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 – a standard A2 size. Score well in the center. Using the Karen Burniston House Pivot Card die, die cut the house, lining up the die with the centering nubs on the scored line, about 1 inch from the bottom. Once cut crease the folds well so it will close.
2. Die cut the decorator house from the House Pivot Card die in red cardstock. Using the die as a stencil, ink the bricks on with Fired Brick distress ink.
3. Die cut the additional decorator pieces from the House Pivot Card die set as well as trees, clouds and flowers from the All Seasons Tree die. Cut an additional fence from the House Pivot Card in white to overlay on the base. Cut three grass tufts from the grass Stand Up Helper in Set 1. Ink the two window inserts lightly with yellow ink. Print sentiment in brown on white cardstock and die cut with clouds from All Seasons Tree.
4. Cut strips of two ply paper towels about 1/2 wide. Separate the layers. Roll two up to form TP rolls and one just a little to put in a tree. This was fun!
5. Assemble the card. Adhere the house windows, door, roof and chimney to the red brick base. Add teal glitter dots to the window boxes as flowers. Add a small teal glitter dot to the door for a knob. Adhere a 1 inch strip of green cardstock to the bottom of the card under house. Add freehand-cut hills to both sides. Add grass tufts. Adhere completed house to pivot. Adhere white fence over base fence. To form bushes, cut one large green cloud in half and the bottom of one small green cloud. Add yellow flowers with glitter dots in the center. Add trees on foam adhesive, adhering only the trunk. Add green dotted clouds to form leaves of trees, adhered directly to the base leaving the branches unattached. String strips of paper towels over branches securing with mini glue dots. Vary the length for interest. Add 2 TP rolls to bottom. Adhere clouds with sentiment last.
6. For the card front add a strip of green cardstock to the bottom and a grass tuft cut in half. Add a cloud bush next to the house. Adhere three large clouds cut from the base pattern paper together in a line. Stamp sentiment with brown ink on clouds. Adhere to the front of the card at the top. Add additional small clouds to finish.
Here is another picture of the inside for placement details:
I hope this fun card brought you a smile today. It was a blast to make! Let me know if you end up TPing a House Pivot Card too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies used:
902 House Pivot Card Die
729 Stand Up Helpers
781 All Seasons Tree
7018 Glitter Dots Assorted Colors- teal/silver
Cardstock – Bazzill
Pattern Paper-Scrapbook Wizard
mini glue dots
brown red and yellow ink
I love making my grand kids cards — this is a must.
Ahahahaha — this is just too funny. I love how your creative mind thinks.
LMBO! Too cute!
Deb, you are so amazingly creative! Love this one.. again.. lol
So Fun…Love this so Much!
Fun! Love the TP rolls! Very clever!
So funny!! Love this card and the TP!!!!
Oh My GOSH!!!!!!! This is an adorable card!!!! 🙂 I can think of several friends I could send this to. (Although we tended to “fork” someone’s yard — sticking a box of plastic forks into someone’s front yard.. one fork at a time.)
This card really made my day!!! I never did this myself but had three girls that loved doing this with their friends when they were teenagers, which was over 25 years ago. I have to make one of these for each of them and a few of their friends as well…they will love them. Thanks for sharing your great idea!!
just love this card, can’t wait to try it with other ideas, thanks alot
OMG!! How clever, and so cute. It will be fun to CASE this one.
You made a lot of people grin today, that’s for sure! What a wonderful, imaginative card.
What a wonderful funny card! I wish there were more humorous stamps and such for cards. I love to send them. This one will be “die-lifted” in my next funny card!
Such a wonderful card Debra! So clever and it will put a smile on everyones face.
What imagination–wish I could think of these–but I was a good kid. LOL
Too funny! Well done!
Love, Love this! Made me giggle and smile!
This card is sure to make someone laugh.
How fun is this? Love it!!!
I truly belly laughed when I saw that this morning. I have been on both ends of the tp-ing and enjoyed it all. Thanks for the memories.
This card is a HOOT!!!! Thanks for the laugh. It really brightened my morning. What company makes the sentiment used on the front of the card?
Thanks for the kind words Viv! The outside sentiment is from The Angel Company- they no longer exist, unfortunately. The inside I just printed on the computer.For the front, You could diecut the clouds and adhere them to some copy paper and print a similar sentiment on them that way. I printed brown ink on both. Hope that helps!
Debra, thanks for your reply. It is a great sentiment. I might just have to take your suggestion. Of course, I could also peruse my many stamps that are crying to be inked and find one that would also work. LOL Thanks again for the laugh.
What a cute card and Halloween is coming soon, this would make a cute Halloween card also in different colors! I can feel your pain on sending the kids off to college. My only child went off to college and is now getting ready to go into the Navy next month. Thanks for the chuckles and cute ideas Debra!
I so love this card!! It makes me laugh every time I see it. And I just noticed that you used Glitter Dots as flowers in the flower boxes. So copying that!
You really made me laugh! Such a cute idea!
This can’t be beat, wonderful and very creative.
Lordy, Lordy…..brings back some memories of a friends house they did that to. Even put an old toilet in their front yard. Why ? I have no idea, but everyone laughed and had a good time. Loved this card.
Debra, I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. This card is so funny and special. Keep up the great work.
Very clever, I love it. Got my morning chuckle!
So much fun! This is great (:
Really pretty! Beautiful and clean. Love it! Jackie