Hi! It’s Candy with another post for the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Everyone has a bad day once in a while and needs a sweet pick-me-up. I thought the new Rainy Day Set would be perfect for a thinking-of-you card. I used the Lucy Label Pop Up die for my card base and flowers from Bunch of Flowers Set 1 to finish of my card.
To create the card:
1. Cut purple cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″.
2. Cut striped paper 5 1/8″ x 8 1/4″. Score at 4 1/8″.
3. Place Lucy Label die on crease of striped paper (centered) and cut. Fold out the pop up
4. Center and adhere the striped paper on the purple cardstock. (do not put adhesive where pop up is).
5. Cut flower pattern paper 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere to card front.
6. Cut strip of striped paper 5 1/2″ x 1″. Adhere to card front.
7. Stamp sentiment. Mat with red cardstock. Adhere to card front.
8. Cut light green cardstock and dot patterned paper flowers using Bunch of Flowers 1 dies. Adhere as shown.
9. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
10. Die cut umbrella, label, Thinking of You and boots and adhere as shown. Tip: For added dimension, use foam tape behind the front boot.
11. Optional: Create a place to write a personal message – Cut light green cardstock 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and adhere.
12. Cut flowers from patterned paper using the same die set as in step 8. Arrange and adhere as shown.
13. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
I hope that you enjoyed today’s tutorial!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
779 Lucy Label Pop Up
928 Rainy Day
789 Thinking of You
728 Bunch of Flowers 1
7018 Glitter Dots Peel-offs Gold/Silver
502 Double Sided Adhesive
Purple and light green cardstock
Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers Farmers’ Market
Stamp: Tim Holtz
Dimensional foam adhesive
Such a cute and whimsical card!
Thank you, Mary!
This is such a fun card – love how you used the Rainy Day die set!
Love the upside down umbrella and the colors are beautiful as well!
Thank you, Joset.
Such a Cheery card Candy! Love the Colors you used too 🙂
Gorgeous card, love the colours, the umbrella and boots are on my wish list. Thanks for sharing this.
Thank you! You will enjoy those dies.
Fabulous card, love the colors, definitely bring a smile to someone’s face 🙂
Fun colors Candy! I love how perfectly the umbrella from Rainy Day fits on the top bump of the Lucy Label.
Great card, Candy. Purple and Red are such a happy combination! (I think that’s why the Red Hat Society women wear it for their events – it brings an immediate smile)
card makes me smile
Such a cute card.
What a sweet card, Candy with lovely color combinations.
What a cute card Candy! I like the unconventional colors you put together.
Thank you! I love those colors together.