Hi! It’s Candy with another post for the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Everyone has a bad day once in a while and needs a sweet pick-me-up. I thought the new Rainy Day Set would be perfect for a thinking-of-you card. I used the Lucy Label Pop Up die for my card base and flowers from Bunch of Flowers Set 1 to finish of my card.
To create the card:
1. Cut purple cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″.
2. Cut striped paper 5 1/8″ x 8 1/4″. Score at 4 1/8″.
3. Place Lucy Label die on crease of striped paper (centered) and cut. Fold out the pop up
4. Center and adhere the striped paper on the purple cardstock. (do not put adhesive where pop up is).
5. Cut flower pattern paper 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere to card front.
6. Cut strip of striped paper 5 1/2″ x 1″. Adhere to card front.
7. Stamp sentiment. Mat with red cardstock. Adhere to card front.
8. Cut light green cardstock and dot patterned paper flowers using Bunch of Flowers 1 dies. Adhere as shown.
9. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
10. Die cut umbrella, label, Thinking of You and boots and adhere as shown. Tip: For added dimension, use foam tape behind the front boot.
11. Optional: Create a place to write a personal message – Cut light green cardstock 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and adhere.
12. Cut flowers from patterned paper using the same die set as in step 8. Arrange and adhere as shown.
13. Add Glitter Dots Peel-offs to the center of each flower.
I hope that you enjoyed today’s tutorial!
Purple and light green cardstock
Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers Farmers’ Market
Stamp: Tim Holtz
Dimensional foam adhesive