Good morning crafty friends,
This is Rita Edwards here. Today I would like to share my nautical-themed card with you. I have been fascinated by lighthouses for as long as I can remember and never miss a chance to visit one.
Of course, lighthouses were built to guide sailors and bring them back to land safely and that’s exactly how I think of them in our daily lives, too. To me, a lighthouse can symbolize our homes,
our friendships, the something special that can be used as a guide to bring our loved ones safely back to us.
I hope you have a nice cup of coffee or tea in your hand so you can sit back and enjoy my tutorial.
This is how you can create this fun nautical card:
1. Cut light blue cardstock 6″ x 12″, score and fold at 6″. Set aside.
2. Cut light blue patterned paper 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Cut white zigzag-patterned paper 2″ x 5 3/4″.
3. Using the Accordion Fancy Label, die cut one accordion panel from yellow anchor paper. Cut out center label and trim off the long side tab to create one fancy label. Set aside.
4. Die cut fancy label from blue diagonal paper using the largest accessory die from the Accordion Fancy Label set. Set aside.
5. Die cut 10 flags from patterned paper using the triangle flag die from the Lots of Pops set.
6. Using the large bubble dies from the Rubber Ducky set, cut 2 Kraft brown paper rings. Set aside.
The photo below will show you all of the cut pieces for the card.
7. Have Double Sided Adhesive, Peel-off stickers, white cardstock and a clean non-stick craft mat ready for this step: Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to white cardstock. Peel off the other release sheet and place it upside down on your craft mat (shiny side up). Place lighthouse and life ring peel-off stickers upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up) and place your white cardstock with the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it on top. Turn over, remove the release sheet and cover adhesive and peel-off stickers with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger. Brush off the excess glitter; return it to the jar for other projects. Fussy cut around each image.
8. Use your Copic or other alcohol markers to color the glittered peel-offs. Els has a wonderful video demonstrating this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers
9. Adhere the smaller Accordion Fancy Label onto the larger die cut with foam squares and prepare the large die cut with foam squares. Set aside the double label till Step 11. Adhere the magenta and white zigzag-patterned piece onto the blue tile page.
10. Adhere the little flags onto thin natural hemp cord creating two separate banners with 5 flags on each one. Space the flags as shown and make sure the strings are long enough to cross the top of the card as if they are hanging at a festival. Double the thicker hemp cord through the 2 Kraft brown paper bubble die cuts to create the look of metal rings (tails of cord pulled through cord loop as if attaching a cord to a tag).
11. Adhere the earlier-assembled elements onto the card front. Center the lighthouse on the Accordion Fancy Label die cut and place the life ring to the right with natural hemp cord connecting the two elements. TIP: To secure cord without having any glue visible, use only a few tiny dabs of thick glue applied with a corsage pin or toothpick.
12. For the inside of our card, cut your desired page to 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and add a Missing You (large) peel-off sticker from the Thinking of You Peel-off sheet.
As always, I would like to thank you for following my tutorial and I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I did creating it.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used today:
– (778) Lots of Pops die set
– (771) Accordion Fancy Label die set
– (920) Rubber Ducky die set
– (SKU 2574) Lighthouses Peel-off Sticker
– (SKU 2580) Thinking of You, Large Peel-off Sticker
– (502) Double Sided Adhesive
– (641) Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
– Natural hemp cord
– 6 x 6 Glitz paper pack , Uncharted Waters by Traci Smith
– Light blue and white cardstock
– Foam squares
– Thick non-runny glue (like Beacon Kids Choice in a tube)
– Toothpick or a corsage pin to apply glue to hemp cord