Judi Kauffman is guest designing today with a Christmas Elves Trio, cards that are sure to bring lots of smiles.
Thank you, Joset. I’m glad to be back. I’ve been playing with my Christmas Elves peel-offs all week, getting a head start on holiday card making. This trio uses the outline peel-offs and I still have the leftovers (the negative shapes) for another round of cards.
1. Place outline peel-offs onto white cardstock.
2. Color with markers, accent with white gel pen dots and doodles.
3. Cut around the peel-offs. Set all of the pieces aside in the lid of a box or in a baggie so none of the little shapes get lost!
4. Using the Mini Mosaic folder or any allover pattern you prefer, emboss a 4” x 5” piece of Green Iris Shimmer Sheetz for each card.
5. Cut a solid color cardstock rectangle measuring 5.5” x 8.5” for each card base. Score and fold in half (A2 size, 5.5” x 4.25”, fold at left).
6. Cut a strip of patterned paper measuring 3” x 12” from 12” x 12” Lemonade Stand sheet
(side with starburst pattern). Mat to red cardstock with an eighth-inch border.
7. Using photos for placement of the elements layer and assemble card fronts. Use foam tape or dots for dimension. OPTION: Cut a 5/8” x 4” strip of red cardstock. Trim away a V-shaped wedge at one end to create a banner. Add Merry Christmas peel-off. Add the banner to the card front.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
2582 Christmas Elves in Black
2576 Merry Christmas Large in Black
SS1070 Shimmer Sheetz in Green Iridescent
E116 Mini Mosaic Embossing Folder
502 Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets
ColorMates Smooth & Silky 90# cardstock in White (WorldWin Papers)
Gelly Roll Medium pen in White (Sakura of America)
Lemonade Stand Collection paper in 16301392 “Good Times” (BoBunny Press)
Cardstock in Red, Green, Chartreuse
Foam tape or dots
Fine point scissors, craft knife, straight edge, cutting mat, sanding block
Embossing machine (Cuttlebug or other)