It’s Frances here today. Sunday will be Father’s Day down here in Australia and New Zealand so I wanted to create a masculine card for my blog post today. Although I did end up changing my card from a Father’s Day card to a birthday card it could, of course, be used for either occasion. I know I never have enough masculine-theme cards to keep everyone in my family happy.
The Lighthouses Peel-Off Stickers are one of the recently-released Peel-Off Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I couldn’t wait to play with the sheet!
Here is how I created my card:
1. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive to white cardstock approximately 3 x 4 inches.
Remove release sheet and place it shiny side up on your work table.
2. Place lighthouse, rope and starfish peel-offs, sticky side up, onto the release sheet.
3. Take your white cardstock with the adhesive and place the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet that has the peel-offs on it. The peel-offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the cardstock.
4. Turn your cardstock over so the release sheet is now on top. Carefully take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
5. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. Review Els van de Burgt’s video tutorial about the glittering technique here. Using Copics or any brand of alcohol-based markers, color your images as shown or as you prefer.
6. Cut out the lighthouse, rope and starfish, staying close to the black outlines, and set the three pieces aside.
7. Die cut one accordion page from blue cardstock using the Katie Label Accordion Card.
Trim off the side tab and also cut off the center label. Set aside the frame to use in step 10. Set aside the label to use in step 15.
8. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive to the back of red cardstock approx. 6 1/2 inches x 5 inches, big enough to fit two sets of the Katie Stars Frame Edges. Die cut edges.
9. Adhere the Stars Frame Edges around the accordion frame, taking care to line up the corners where they connect.
10. Cut a piece of designer paper and adhere this behind the accordion frame cut in step 7.
The paper will show through the center of the frame.
11. Layer this piece onto a 4 1/2 x 5 3/4-inch piece of red cardstock.
12. Cut two pieces of white cardstock that measure 4 3/4 inches x 6 inches. Using a sponge,
apply light brown ink to distress the edges of both pieces. Option: Instead of two pieces of white cardstock, fold one piece of cardstock measuring 4 3/4 x 12 inches in half to create a top folding card ( 4 3/4 x 6 inches when folded). You will need a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock to cut down for this option.
13. Score the top of one of the pieces of white cardstock at 1/2 inch (along the short edge). Fold and adhere this piece to the back of the other piece of white cardstock to create a top folding card.
14. Adhere all the layers you have created to the front of the white card base.
15. Take the blue center label from step 7 and use scissors to create a curved edge at the top and bottom of this piece, removing the tabs. Tip: The easiest way to get a precise curve when removing the tags is to die cut another piece from scrap paper and trim off the center piece. Fold the center piece in half and trim the curve while folded. Use this as your template to trim the blue label.
15. Using the large accessory label from the Katie Label Accordion Card set die cut one white label. Using a sponge, apply light brown ink to distress the edges of the white label.
16. Layer the two labels. Position them on the card using foam tape for dimension.
17. Roughly trim around the negative part of the lighthouse and rope peel-off which remained on the sticker sheet. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the images as per the photo above.
18. Cut a piece of a Sticker Transfer Sheet approximately 3 x 4 1/2 inches. Remove the protective backing from the Transfer Sheet and place this onto the negative portion of the lighthouse Peel-Off Sticker. Burnish the Transfer Sheet and carefully all of the negative pieces. Position the lighthouse on the inside of the card at the bottom left. Burnish again to release the pieces from the Transfer Sheet onto the cardstock. Repeat the process to lift and position the negative pieces from the knotted rope. (The Sticker Transfer Sheet can be used over and over.)
19. You can see Els van de Burgt’s video tutorial demonstrating how to use a Sticker Transfer Sheet here.
20. Add a Happy Birthday Large Peel-off in Black to the right of the lighthouse.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Lighthouses Peel-Offs (2574)
Happy Birthday Large Peel-Offs in Black (2577)
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639)
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets (502)
Katie Label Accordion Card (903)
Katie Stars Frame Edges (913)
Sticker Transfer Sheet (600)
White, blue and red cardstock
Copic or other alcohol-based markers
Wave pattern sheet from Anchored 6 x 6 Paper Pad – Authentique
Cute card Frances! Love the sparkly lighthouse!
Wonderful card, Frances! I really like the way you coloured the light-house … you gave me some good ideas!
Gorgeous card. Great job. I will have to get those…my friend loves lighthouses.
What a great card, Frances! I love nautical cards so yes, love your lighthouse card a lot!
Wonderful masculine card & I love the color scheme. It’s great how you used the Katie Accordion die & Frames to make a flat card. I also like how you used the negative images on the inside of your card.
Great card! Even if you thought of it as masculine (and it is, indeed, perfect for the guys!) I think it’s also just right for anyone who loves lighthouses, summer, the beach, vacations!