By: Judi Kauffman
Guest Designer Judi Kauffman is back with some Tags & More projects. There are two flat tags and a shaped-top card. She’s been mixing and matching again, using the decorative overlays from all three Tags & More die sets with the basic tag shape from Tags & More 1 – Lace. Here’s her how-to:
Thanks for inviting me back, Joset. I love the way the Tags & More decorative overlays and basic tag shapes can be combined among the sets. I had such fun mixing and matching the leftover bits and pieces, too.
For both tags and the shaped-top tag card:
Put the 3 Dragonfly Lady in Circle Peel-offs, 1 bow, and 3 hearts onto smooth white cardstock and color inside the lines. Cut out and set aside.
SHAPED TOP TAG CARD
1. Lightly score 8” x 5” piece of spring green metallic cardstock midway (as if making a 4” x 5” card base) but do not fold. While the rectangle is still flat, center the basic tag shape die from the Tags & More Lace 1 – Lace set along the scored line and cut the shape. While still flat, cut the decorative overlay from Tags & More 3 – Leaves. (Save 2 of the leaves for the inside of the card and the rest for other projects.) Now fold the card so the shaped section stands upright, above the fold.
2. Cut a 3” x 5” piece of dark green metallic cardstock and adhere to the back of the card. Cut a dark green metallic basic tag shape to back the top of the tag. Cut a 3.25” square from dark green metallic cardstock and adhere to card front, set on the diamond (points at the top, bottom and sides).
3. Alter a 2” x 6” piece of Fire Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz with Expresso alcohol ink and Gold Metallic Mixatives. Back with Elizabeth Craft Designs’ clear double sided adhesive sheet.
4. Using the metal adaptor plate when cutting the adhesive-backed Shimmer Sheetz, die cut four corner pieces, 3 4-petal flower-shape reinforcements and 9 quarter-inch circles, and the words Best Wishes. Die cut two more quarter-inch circles from Peridot Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz or bright green cardstock backed with double sided adhesive sheet.
5. Refer to photos; assemble the exterior and interior of the card. Add one flower-shape reinforcement and one small circle to the back of the card as a finishing touch. Use foam tape under the heart and Dragonfly Lady in Circle.
6. Add Happy Birthday Peel-off in Gold to lower right side of card front. Bend the words Best Wishes on the inside of the card a bit so they are on a curve rather than a straight line.
*TIP: Scroll back to Oct. 14 to see another mix and match shaped-top tag card using this same technique.
LOVELY LACE TAG
1. Cut a Tags & More 2 – Deco tag measuring 7.5” long from deep teal cardstock. Using the decorative overlay from the Tags & More 1 – Lace set cut the detailed area at the top of the tag. Set aside the negative pieces for the next project. Back the tag with a basic tag shape cut from deep mauve cardstock.
2. Cut just the two flourish scroll shape pieces in the decorative overlay die from scraps of deep mauve cardstock.
3. Cut a 6-petal flower-shape reinforcement and two corner pieces from Shimmer Sheetz prepared in step 4 of the Shaped-top Tag Card project (first project in this blog post).
4. Use the photo for reference; complete the tag. Glue the deep mauve scrolls next to the bow. Add Happy Birthday Peel-off in Gold, centered, toward the bottom of the tag. Use foam tape under the Dragonfly Lady in Circle, bow, and heart.
5. Add narrow ribbon.
DECO MEETS LACE TAG
1. Cut 5.25” long tag shape using Tags & More 1 – Lace basic tag die.
2. Turn the decorative overlay from Tags & More 2 – Deco so it is the opposite of the usual position and die cut the open areas.
3. Cut 3 diamond-shape reinforcements and two decorative corners from Shimmer Sheetz prepared in step 3 of the first project of this blog post (Shaped-Top Tag Card).
4. Use the photo for reference; complete the tag. Two scroll-shape pieces and one circle cut from dark teal cardstock are used on the front of the tag. The bottom diamond on the front of the tag is backed with the third diamond-shape reinforcement (a nice finishing touch for the reverse side of the tag). Use foam tape under Dragonfly Lady in Circle and Heart for dimension.
5. Add narrow ribbon.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Letraset – ProMarkers in assorted colors
WorldWin Papers – ColorMates Smooth & Silky 90# cardstock in White
Other – Spring green and dark green metallic cardstock, deep mauve and deep teal cardstock; alcohol ink in Espresso; Metallic Mixatives in Gold; 1/8” ribbon in spring green and purple