Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for ECD Design Team
Fall is the time for Halloween and getting ready for Christmas (it’s never too early to get a start on Christmas cards!), but it’s also high season for weddings. Being a photographer, I’m keenly aware of this. A friend and fellow gamer just got married; this is the card I made for the newlyweds.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock in half so you have two pieces 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. Fold one in half for a card base.
2. Cut the leftover piece of white cardstock in half and use one to cut a piece 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches; emboss with Spring Leaves. Adhere to center of card front using dimensional tape. Use the other half to create the tag using Tag 1 main (basic shape) die plus the decorative overlay die. Trim to 4 1/2 inches.
3. From another piece of white cardstock, die cut one large and one small Crystal Flower Overlay and one small Crystal Flower (solid). Adhere the large overlay to the tag as shown (flat). Curl the petals of the others upward and adhere as shown (offset from each other).
4. Adhere Double Sided Adhesive to white cardstock. Die cut one small Crystal Flower center circle and the word Congratulations (trim along score line, leaving narrow band below lettering). Peel off backing and coat adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; polish with finger. Glue circle to center of flower. Glue Congratulations near bottom of tag as shown. Adhere ribbon over bottom of Congratulations as shown, wrapping it around the back of the tag.
5. Using dimensional tape, adhere tag to front of card at a slight angle as shown.
- 951 Tags & More 1 – Lace
- E118 Spring Leaves Embossing Folder
- 924 Crystal Flower Set 1
- 923 Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2
- 935 Congratulations Stand Up Helper
- 640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Cardstock, White
- Dimensional Tape
- 1/8″ White Satin Ribbon