Hi, Jackie Smith here. When I saw the new Seashells and Lighthouse Peel-Offs, I immediately thought of doing a shaker card. It’s really easy using the Ring Accordion die by Karen Burniston.
1. Create card base using blue cardstock. Cut 6″x 11″ rectangle; score and fold in half (left-fold card is 5.5″x 6″)
2. Cut light cream patterned paper 5 1/4″x 5 3/4″. Cut blue swirl patterned paper 5″x 5 1/2″ and adhere to cream paper using Double-sided Adhesive. Cut cream seashell patterned paper 4 3/4″x 5 1/4″ again adhere to blue swirl paper. Cut out circle using Ring Accordion die using blue dot paper and a piece of acetate.
3. Black Place black Seashell Peel-offs and black Lighthouses Peel-Offs onto white cardstock with double sided adhesive on top. Cover Peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Use a brush to brush off the excess glitter. Follow Els’ step by step instructions for this technique HERE.
To assemble the shaker card
4. Trim off the long side tab and cut out the center circle. Trim the acetate to fit inside the circle frame and adhere using Double-sided Adhesive. Cut waves out using Outdoor Edges using blue paper as shown. This will be adhered to the top part of the circle in the shaker card. To make the sand, mix a drop of Distress Re-inker in Frayed Burlap with some Silk Microfine Glitter in Warm Diamond. Set aside any extra for another beach theme project. Apply Double-sided Adhesive to bottom of circle, then pat down the sand. Let it dry. Add the glittered fish peel-off to the circle just above the sand as shown.
5. Apply foam tape around the Ring Accordion edge and apply over the circle, leaving a little hole at the top to add blue beads. Add netting before apply to the card base.
6. Add Seashell, rope, crab, seagull and lighthouse as shown. Add Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots for bubbles.
7. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock using Pool Pigment Ink. Cut around the sentiment with a circle die. Die cut a blue cardstock scallop edge circle. Adhere scallop edge circle to card. Top it with the sentiment using pop dots for dimension. TIP: There are circle and scallop edge circle dies in the Circle Accordion and Ring Accordion die sets by Karen Burniston – pick the sizes you like best.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
7018 – Transparent /Gold Glitter Dots Peel-Offs
2575 – Seashells Black Peel-Offs in Black
2574 – Lighthouses Black Peel-Offs in Black
640 – Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
502 – Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet
Cardstock and Patterned Paper – Under the Sea – Joy! Crafts, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon – Stampin’Up!
Blue seedless beads
Under the Sea stamps – Joy! Crafts
Frayed Burlap Distress Reinker – Tim Holtz
Decorative Net – U.S Shell Inc.
Pool Pigment Ink
Pop Dots & Foam Tape
Absolutely beautiful! This card captivated me and demanded my attention. It has a magical quality with wonderful colors.
So fun…Love all the color in the Shells!!
One of my absolute cards! Just absolutely beautiful!
Quick fingers. *one of my absolute favorite cards of yours!
Such a fun shaker card
Thanks Frances for the fabulous comment, very much appreciated!
This is just an amazing card, I’d like to know what marker colours you used on the microfine glitter. Thanks for sharing this!!!
I used the following Tombow Markers for colouring of the microfine glitter. Browns – 969,977,992, blues 346,422, Pinks 761, 823 and Gray N35. I used the N00 (blender pen) to blend them out.
Great colors & love the shaker!
Thanks Raquel for the lovely comment, very much appreciated!
Gorgeous card! Love the colors!
Thanks for your lovely comment! Much Appreciated!
What a beautiful Card…loving the glitter. Just perfect!
great card and I know a family that will LOVE this card. They live on a island in the Chesapeake Bay. The lady makes Smith Island cakes (the real ones) and he is a hard working crabber (best crab meat ever). I hope my card turns out as good as your card. Do you think I can use sand from the beach in place of the glitter? Thank you
Thanks for the lovely comment and I’m sure your card will be just as lovely. I think you can use sand instead of glitter as long as you used the Elizabeth Crafts double sided adhesive or some gel medium to hold the sand.
What a magical scene scape you have created! Totally gorgeous and it definitely drew me in. I love all of the glitter and shine on this beauty! TFS!
Thank you for the lovely comment.
This is so beautiful!
Thanks so much for the lovely comment!