Hi, Jackie Smith here. When I saw the new Seashells and Lighthouse Peel-Offs, I immediately thought of doing a shaker card. It’s really easy using the Ring Accordion die by Karen Burniston.
1. Create card base using blue cardstock. Cut 6″x 11″ rectangle; score and fold in half (left-fold card is 5.5″x 6″)
2. Cut light cream patterned paper 5 1/4″x 5 3/4″. Cut blue swirl patterned paper 5″x 5 1/2″ and adhere to cream paper using Double-sided Adhesive. Cut cream seashell patterned paper 4 3/4″x 5 1/4″ again adhere to blue swirl paper. Cut out circle using Ring Accordion die using blue dot paper and a piece of acetate.
3. Black Place black Seashell Peel-offs and black Lighthouses Peel-Offs onto white cardstock with double sided adhesive on top. Cover Peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Use a brush to brush off the excess glitter. Follow Els’ step by step instructions for this technique HERE.
To assemble the shaker card
4. Trim off the long side tab and cut out the center circle. Trim the acetate to fit inside the circle frame and adhere using Double-sided Adhesive. Cut waves out using Outdoor Edges using blue paper as shown. This will be adhered to the top part of the circle in the shaker card. To make the sand, mix a drop of Distress Re-inker in Frayed Burlap with some Silk Microfine Glitter in Warm Diamond. Set aside any extra for another beach theme project. Apply Double-sided Adhesive to bottom of circle, then pat down the sand. Let it dry. Add the glittered fish peel-off to the circle just above the sand as shown.
5. Apply foam tape around the Ring Accordion edge and apply over the circle, leaving a little hole at the top to add blue beads. Add netting before apply to the card base.
6. Add Seashell, rope, crab, seagull and lighthouse as shown. Add Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots for bubbles.
7. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock using Pool Pigment Ink. Cut around the sentiment with a circle die. Die cut a blue cardstock scallop edge circle. Adhere scallop edge circle to card. Top it with the sentiment using pop dots for dimension. TIP: There are circle and scallop edge circle dies in the Circle Accordion and Ring Accordion die sets by Karen Burniston – pick the sizes you like best.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock and Patterned Paper – Under the Sea – Joy! Crafts, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon – Stampin’Up!
Blue seedless beads
Under the Sea stamps – Joy! Crafts
Frayed Burlap Distress Reinker – Tim Holtz
Decorative Net – U.S Shell Inc.
Pool Pigment Ink
Pop Dots & Foam Tape