I love how the Snowman in Frame Peel-Off perfectly coordinates with the Snowman die. For this card I used the peel-off on the front of the card then a pop up snowman inside, all beautifully glittered with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the ECD Design Team
Making the Card
1. Cut a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock in half lengthwise. Fold one piece in half for a top folding card base.
2. Cut red cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches and 3 1/4 x 3 3/8. Cut grid paper 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Cut white cardstock 3 1/8 x 3 1/4. Adhere grid paper and white cardstock to corresponding red mats.
3. Cut light blue cardstock using main die from Katie Label Accordion. Reverse paper, line up, and cut again to remove tabs, etc. Cut red cardstock with label die (next size down). Adhere to center of light blue cardstock.
4. Place a piece of double sided adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit Snowman in Frame Peel-Off. Remove release sheet and place it upside down in front of you. Place peel-off sticky side up on release sheet, then place white cardstock with adhesive side facing down on top. Turn over, remove release sheet and cover adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush of excess glitter. Color with alcohol markers. Fussy cut around design. Stick to center of red/light blue mat using dimensional tape.
5. Cut strip of red cardstock 1 x 4 inches wide. Cut strip of Snowman Paper 1 x 4 inches; adhere to red cardstock so small amount shows at top. Adhere to red/grid mat as shown. Add washi tape as shown, wrapping around back. Cover seam with silver ribbon as shown. Adhere to card front.
7. Cut Snowman Paper 4 x 10 3/4 inches. Fold in half. Cut Lorna Label PopUp in center as per instructions. Cut Lorna Label from white cardstock with same die – trim around label. Cut light blue cardstock with separate label die (next size down). Adhere light blue to center of white. Add “Merry Christmas” as shown. Adhere to Snowman Paper pop up label. Adhere this to card base by lining up fold and sticking down one side then the other.
8. Place a piece of double sided adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit snowman and accessories. Die cut snowman and accessories, except face/buttons. Peel off backing from each piece and cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush of excess glitter. Color with alcohol markers. Adhere pieces together as shown. Cut face/buttons from black cardstock. Add Wink of Stella. Glue to snowman as shown. Adhere snowman and broom as shown.
9. Using the photo above as a reference for placement, adhere white/red mat, a small silver ribbon bow and glitter snowflakes. Use your finger to apply a TINY amount of talcum powder or corn starch to take away the stickiness of the adhesive on the back of the snowflakes wherever they extend beyond the cardstock.
- 915 Lorna Label PopUp
- 903 Katie Label Accordion
- 929 Snowman
- 757 Snowflakes
- 2583 Snowman in Frame Peel-Offs in Silver
- 2551 Snowflakes Peel-Offs – Glitter Transparent/Silver
- 2576 Merry Christmas Large Peel-Offs in Silver
- 640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Cardstock: White, Red, Light Blue, Black
- My Mind’s Eye: “Snowman Paper” WW1056, Noel Banner AB1006 (Grid Paper)
- Silver Ribbon
- Recollections Washi Tape, White with Silver Swirles
- Wink of Stella Brush Pen, Clear
- Dimensional Adhesive
Thanks for the comments! Ever since I saw the snowman die and matching peel-off, I’ve been wanting to make a card with them! So glad you liked it!
Love the front of the card. Guaranteed to get a smile from anyone who receives it!
Such a fun Christmas card!
Love your snowman card, he is so cute
Love how you tied in the peel off snowman with the die cut one! Beautiful card.
I love this!! So cute!
I love this card Mary!
How delightful!! I love this sparkly snowman! He is sure to bring cheer wherever he goes! TFS!
Wonderful snowman card Mary! I love how everything is so sparkly.
This card reminds me how much I love winter! So sparkly and so much fun.
What a gorgeous Christmas card you’ve created, Mary! Love every little detail!