Hello crafty friends,
This is Rita Edwards here. For as long as I can remember my sister has been supporting nonprofit organizations. This year she asked if I would create two cards for her Secret Santa outreach. Knowing about the person who will receive them is always a great way to start card projects. When I found out that my cards would go to children who are blind the challenge became a bit different: To create cards that can be experienced with the sense of touch. I started with my favorite colors, but made the final selections with my eyes closed, picking papers that felt soft, smooth, and interesting to my fingers (Velvet Adhesive Sheets in the mix, of course!). The spiral and all the snowflakes make this a perfect card for anyone who is vision impaired, as well as everyone who can see it.
As always, I hope you have a nice cup of coffee or tea in your hand so you can sit back and enjoy my tutorial.
This is how you can create your very own Spiral Circle Pull cards:
1. Cut patterned cardstock at 9″ wide x 5 5/8″ high, score and fold in half. Align the center tabs of the Spiral Circle Pull Card main die on the center fold of the cardstock and die cut.
2. Die cut 2 smaller circles from pattern cardstock using the smaller Circle Accessory die included in the same set.
3. Die cut 2 spirals from pattern cardstock using the Circle and Spiral Accessory die. Place spiral die inside circle die and run them through your die cutting machine at the same time.
4. Using the snowflake dies from the Spiral Circle Pull Card set, the snowflakes from the All Seasons Trees set and the Snowflakes die set, die cut several snowflakes from white cardstock, Light Blue Velvet Sheet and Turquoise Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz. You can use some scrap pieces too, the more variety the better, set aside. The photo below will show you all of the pieces for our snowflake decorations.
5. Using the Agatha Edges die set, trim the vertical edge of both card bases.
6. Using the illustrations as a handy guide on both Dutch the Fox and Chilly the Penguin packaging, die cut the fox body, legs and nose plus the penguin’s body overlay from Black Adhesive Velvet Sheet. Using White Adhesive Velvet Sheet, die cut the penguin’s body and eyes and the fox’s eyes, tail, chest and face. Using the Beige Adhesive Velvet Sheet, die cut the penguin’s feet, scarf and beak plus the fox’s body overlay. As you will see, everything lines up wonderfully. The photo below will show you all of the pieces for our characters.
7. Assemble both Chilly and Dutch.
8. Adhere spirals cut in step 3 to the inside of each card by first adhering the outside spiral to the back if the center circle. Then add a small glue dot at the back side of the spiral in the center, close the card and press down securely to attach the other end of the spiral to the inside of the card.
9. Adhere circles cut in step 2 to the center circle of each card using foam adhesive. Adhere Chilly and Dutch in the center on their own card.
10. Adhere snowflakes to both cards using the different die cuts to create a winter wonderland where it can snow all year long.
Thank you for following my tutorial. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did creating it. And most of all I hope that it will inspire you to create some fun Christmas cards.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
(916) Spiral Circle Pull Card die set
(781) All Seasons Tree die set
(908) Chilly the Penguin die set
(946) Dutch the Fox die set
(7048) Glitter Flowers Peel-off Sticker in Blue
(782) Agatha Edges die set
(781) All Seasons Tree die set
(757) Snowflakes die set
(SS 0217) Turqoise Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
Velvet Adhesive Sheets in Black, White and Beige
Love, love, love the cards Rita! The colors, shine, texture, and cuteness – prefect!
What fabulous cards for the Secret Santa, those kids will love those cards! Love all the details too!
Thank you so much, Jackie!
What great cards for the Secret Santa, I’m sure the children will love the cards. Love all those snowflakes!
Thank you, Raquel!
What company makes the fox paper that you used?? I NEED some ASAP!! LOL TFS!
Barb, it’s the “Cozy” collection by Authentique: http://blog.authentiquepaper.com/2014/10/announcing-cozy-by-authentique-paper.html
Adorable!! LOVE the fox paper and your fox is adorable too! TFS!
Thank you, Barb!
This is so cute!
Thank you, Candy!
What a beautiful assortment of snowflakes! These are the kind I don’t mind! heehee
Your card is very sweet!
Thank you so much!