Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here today. I wanted to try something a little different with my card today, so I used non-traditional colors and made a pivot card into a
Z fold pivot card. Let me show you how I made this fun card.
1. Cut a piece of pink cardstock at 5.5 x 12, score at 4″ and 8″.
2. Lay the Evergreen Pivot Card die alignment nubs on the 8″ score line and die cut. See photo below.
3. Die cut the pieces shown in the photo below.
From Evergreen Pivot Card: (1) pivoting portion only from polka dot paper, (3) stars from red polka dot paper and (1) in each size of the three companion trees from green cardstock. Keep the trees in the dies and emboss them using your embossing sandwich then use a marker to trace over the open areas.
From Tags & More 1 – Lace: cut a piece of pattern paper at 3.25 x 4, use the tag die to die cut on both the top and bottom of the pattern paper, and (4) decorative corners .
Cut a piece of pattern paper at 2.75 x 5.5 and score at 1 3/8″.
4. For the front of the card, cut a piece of pattern paper at 4 x 5.25. Thread 6″ of ribbon through the holes on the Tags & More 1- Lace die cut from step 3 then adhere to pattern paper. Fold excess ribbon to the back of pattern paper and adhere panel to center front of card. Tie a bow with leftover ribbon and adhere to the bottom of the tag. Adhere all four decorative corners.
5. From Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Circle Peel-offs, place doll, holly, tree and reindeer peel-off onto white cardstock that has Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet on top. Remove release sheet, cover peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Color with alcohol based markers then cut out images. Follow Els’ step by step instructions for this technique HERE.
6. Use foam tape to adhere Jackie’s Christmas Dolls image from step 5 to front center of card.
7. Adhere the 2.75 x 5.5 piece of pattern paper from step 3 behind the pivoting portion of the card. Tip: add glue on the card base between the pivoting portion of the trees not on the pattern paper from step 3. See photo below.
8. Adhere die cut pieces from step 3 and peel-offs from step 5 to card, use photo below for placement.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
Other Supplies –
Cardstock and Patterned Paper – Stampin’ Up! and My Minds Eye
Old Olive Striped Organdy Ribbon – Stampin’ Up!