Hello Crafty Friends!
It’s Debra Hensley today. The passing of Thanksgiving welcomes in the official start of the holiday season. I don’t know if I am ready yet but I created my first Christmas card of the season to get a jump on things. The card features pretty glittered plaid candles, holly, pine and poinsettias – all created with just a few Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, ink, glitter and a fun pattern paper!
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a piece of 5 1/2″ x 81/2″ light yellow cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Ink edges with brown ink. Cut a piece of red cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″
2. Using the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper, die cut Merry Christmas on the top right edge of the red cardstock. Trim away excess. Ink edges with brown ink and adhere to front of the card base.
3. Die cut de following: 3 candles from Plaid pattern paper (trim off a little from the bottom of 2 candles to vary in height), 3 candle melts from light yellow cardstock, 3 Poinsettias from red Velvet Adhesive Sheet, 1 Holly Border from green cardstock, 4 pine branches from darker green cardstock, 3 from dotted green cardstock and 3 flames from white cardstock covered with double sided adhesive. Ink the edges of all pieces, except flowers and flames, with brown.
4. Glitter candle flames with Yellow Silk Microfine Glitter. Our Fine Pointed Tweezers are perfect for working with small pieces.
5. Add glittered accents to the plaid candles by using 3mm Transparent Double Sided Tape, covering some of the stripes. Pick different stripes on each candle for variety with the most being on the tall center candle. Trim excess tape from edges. Peel off liner and glitter with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger to set the glitter and bring up the shine. This fun and easy technique can take any ordinary pattern paper and make it extraordinary!
Here are the finished glittered Candles. The flames will be added directly to the card front.
6. To assemble the card, Adhere candles to the card front with middle candle and flame on foam adhesive. Add pine branches to bottom of candles. Add Red Glitter Dots to Holly Border. Adhere under pine branches. Add Poinsettias on foam adhesive under each candle. Add Transparent Glitter Dots to Flower centers. Die cut an additional Holly Border from green cardstock. Clip off 4 Holly leaves to add to upper corners of the red cardstock. Add Red Glitter Dots to the leaves and one to the “i” in Christmas to complete.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today. Try adding a little glitter to all your crafty projects for some extra holiday sparkle!
Elizabeth Craft Products used:
939 Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper
925 Holly Border
636 Yellow Silk Microfine Glitter
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
402 Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet
505 Transparent Double Sided Tape 3mm
802 Fine Pointed Tweezers
7018 Assorted Glitter Dots – Red, Transparent Gold
Other Supplies used:
Pattern Paper- Graphic 45
Vintage Photo Distress Ink