Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here. I’m back with a little Christmas card set that is simple enough to duplicate and make several at once using some fun Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies.
I just love the way the Shimmer Sheetz and Silk Microfine Glitter sparkle. Find my step by step tutorial below.
1. Cut 4 pieces of white cardstock 4 1/4″ by 11″ and score all four at 5 1/2″ making 4 card bases 4 1/4″ by 5 1/2″.
2. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive 5″ x 11″ to a piece of Blue Irridescent Shimmer Sheetz 5″ x 11″. Die cut 4 large circles using the large decorator circle die from the Ring Accordion Card set. Emboss each of them using the Snowflake Embossing Folder. Lightly sand the raised areas using a sanding block. Remove adhesive backing from each circle and place circles onto card bases.
3. Adhere two pieces of double sided adhesive 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″ to two pieces of white cardstock the same size. Remove the top part of the adhesive backing and on one piece pour some Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your fingers. Take the other piece and do the same but using Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
4. Using the ornament hanger and 2-inch circle dies from the Ring Accordion Card set, cut 4 of each from the Gold glittered cardstock. Adhere gold circles to embossed Shimmer Sheetz circles using small pieces of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere ornament caps using tape behind the cap, but not behind the hanging loop portion of the cap. (Refer to project photo, cap should be angled at the upper left of the ornament). Feed a small piece of gold cord through the hanging loop of the ornament, knot it, and let it dangle as shown.
5. Die cut 4 large snowflakes and 4 small snowflakes from Warm Diamond glittered cardstock. (Large snowflake die from Circle Spiral Pull Card set, small snowflake die from Circle Accordion Card set.). Using a few dots of a liquid glue, adhere snowflakes to ornaments, large first and then small at an angle over it. Refer to photo below. Add a Glitter Dot in Red/Gold to the center of each snowflake. Option: If you don’t have both sets of dies, use snowflakes in only one size from the set you have on hand.
6. Using the Gold Seasons Greetings Peel-Offs Place the sentiment at the bottom of each card.
I hope these help inspire you to make some sparkly Christmas cards! Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Die cutting Machine