Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
I’ve been itching to try the Spiral Circle Pull Card from Karen Burniston and thought this would be the perfect card for it. I wanted the snow to come alive when the card was opened so I used clear recycled packaging for the spiral as the base for my snowflakes.
Making the card:
1. As per instructions on Spiral Circle Pull Card, cut a piece of blue cardstock 5 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches. Fold in half; die cut along fold placing die closer to top (see image). Fold as instructed.
2. Adhere a sheet of double sided adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit 1 Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off. Peel off backing, stick Christmas scene to it and cover with Cool Diamonds Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Cut around, trimming off ornament top so you will be left with only a circle. Stick to card front circle as shown using dimensional adhesive.
3. Cut a couple of tree lines from white cardstock covered with double sided adhesive using Outdoor Edges. Also cut a strip 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide and about 5 inches long. Peel off backing on all. Cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Adhere tree line to bottom of card as shown. Note: you may have to cut off a tree and/or trim snow to get two strips to line up in the right places.
4. Stamp sentiment on glittered strip from step 4 with black solvent ink. Trim as necessary. Cut banner ends as shown. Adhere white ribbon around card edge as shown. Stick banner over ribbon using dimensional adhesive as shown.
5. Adhere a sheet of ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to vellum. Cut 9 snowflakes (from All Seasons Tree set). Peel off backing on each and cover with Cool Diamonds Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Add a glitter dot to the center of each.
6. I die cut one of the snowflakes from an extra background sheet when making my Soft Gel Snowflakes Christmas card (a previous project on the ECD blog). If you don’t have an extra, cut one from blue cardstock. Add gel or Glossy Accents and while wet sprinkle lightly with a very small amount of glitter. Let dry completely. Add glitter dots and glittered vellum snowflake as shown. Adhere to top left corner on the front of the card with dimensional adhesive.
7. Cut spiral from clear plastic packaging using metal adaptor plate (if plastic is too thick, it may not cut through – it should be about the thickness of a transparency). Adhere ends with strong adhesive to inside of card as shown. Cover ends with snowflakes. Add other snowflakes to spiral as desired (see image).
8. Add Glitter Dots Peel-Offs as shown, including the smallest size Dots randomly over snow dots on the Christmas scene Peel-Off). Note: Make sure that only the Dots and one snowflake show when the card is closed so the rest are a complete surprise when the card is opened!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card
- 8502 Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- 914 Outdoor Edges
- 7018 Glitter Dots: Transparent/Silver
- 781 All Seasons Tree (Snowflakes)
- 757 Snowflakes Dies
- 803 Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
- Cardstock: Blue, White
- Clear Recycled Packaging (Thin)
- Solvent Based Ink, Black (e.g. StazOn)
- Technique Tuesday Clear Stamps Be Jolly (Sentiment)
- White Ribbon, Thin
- Dimensional Adhesive