Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here today. I like to find other ways to use my dies other than how they were originally intended, doubling the House Pivot Card is a great way to do just that. By doubling and turning my card up side down, I saw Santa’s suit. Let me show you hoe I made my card.
1. Cut a piece of red cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 score at 4.25. Keep card folded in half and place House Pivot die (house portion only) on the score line. You will only be using the house portion of the die, not the fence portion.
2. From green cardstock cut (1) Katie Label Accordion Card panel. Cut off the label shape and the long side tab so all you have left is the frame.
3. From white cardstock cut (2) of each size of the Katie Holly Frame Edges (2 long, 2 short). Adhere all (4) edges to the Katie Label Accordion frame cut in step 2.
4. Adhere the frame to the card front. Note: A portion of the frame will be under the House Pivot – Do not apply adhesive on the frame in the area under the House Pivot.
5. From Black Velvet Sheet cut a 1 x 5.5 strip for Santa’s belt. Remove release sheet and apply the strip across the center of the House Pivot area. Cut off any excess.
6. To create the buckle for Santa’s belt, cover a 1″ square of white cardstock with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet. Cut a .5″ square from the center. Remove release sheet, cover with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger. Adhere to center of belt created in step 5. TIP: If you have the Evergreen Pivot Card die set, use the gift box die to cut the center opening of the buckle.
7. From green cardstock die cut the words Merry Christmas three times. Layer the words and glue them together for added dimension. Adhere to the top left of the inside of the card at an angle as shown.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
912 Evergreen Pivot Card (optional to create buckle for Santa’s belt)
603 Silver Silk Microfine Glitter
Other Supplies –
Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White cardstock – Stampin’ Up!