Happy Holidays Crafty Friends!
The sights and smells of the holiday season are all around and one of my favorites is Gingerbread! I love making it, eating it, and seeing amazing Gingerbread houses created by incredible artists. I thought it would be fun to take the Holiday House die and make a Gingerbread House-inspired card. I love how it turned out!
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a 5 1/2″ x 8 1 /2″ piece of white cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Cut a piece of pattern paper to 5 1/4″ x 4″, ink edges with blue ink and adhere to card front.
2. Adhere ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to a sheet of white cardstock approx 5 1/2″ x 4″. Die cut the snowy hill using the hills from Outdoor Edges. Die cut 2 small rooflines and one large one from Holiday House. Glitter with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish with your finger to set glitter into the adhesive and bring up the shine.
3. Die cut the other pieces for the card, including 3 decorator trees in light blue cardstock from the Evergreen Pivot Card die.
4. Ink edges off all house pieces except white ones with brown ink. Using a white Gel Pen, draw “frosting” scallops on the roof. Add transparent silver glitter dots to the trees. Assemble the individual parts of the house.
5. Assemble card front. Adhere snowy hill about 1/2″ from the bottom of the card. Add background trees. Adhere large house directly to card front. Add roof with chimney on foam adhesive. Add both door pieces on foam adhesive. Add glitter dots and glitter borders as “candy” decorations on the house.
6. Die cut Merry Christmas from red cardstock and adhere inside card along with 2 strips of pattern paper and a red heart to complete.
Here’s another view of the front for placement.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season! Thanks for stopping by today. Try making your own Gingerbread House-inspired card with the Holiday House die and see what wonders you can create!
Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:
944 Merry Christmas
918 Holiday House
914 Outdoor Edges
912 Evergreen Pivot Card
7010 Glitter Borders Assorted- Red/Gold
7018 Glitter Dots Assorted- Red/Gold and Transparent/Silver
Double Sided Adhesive
642 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other Supplies used:
Pattern Paper- Authentique
Broken China Distress Ink
Vintage Photo Distress Ink