Hi,it’s Candy here! Sympathy cards are always a challenge for me to make. I wanted this one to be elegant, so I chose classic papers from Anna Griffin and accented them with Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet. By changing the sentiment, this card is one that would serve well for weddings, anniversaries, even for a college graduation.
1. Cut black cardstock 4.25″ x 11″. Score and fold in half to make the card base.
2. Cut patterned paper 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere to card front.
3. Cut out sentiment from Black Velvet Adhesive Paper. Peel off backing and adhere to card.
4. Cut both of the flowers and the smaller flower center from the Victorian Flower Set 1 out of patterned paper.
5. Cut both of the flower overlays and the larger flower center from the Victorian Flower Overlay Set 2 out of Black Velvet Adhesive Paper.
6. Peel off the backing from the overlay die cuts and adhere them to the paper flowers.
7. Adhere the larger flower to the card. Adhere just the center of the smaller flower on top of the larger flower, as shown. Add the velvet flower center to the center of the flowers. Add the patterned center on top.
8. Fluff up the petals on the top flower, if desired.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Patterned paper – Anna Griffin