Hi, it’s Susan Tierney-Cockburn here today with my first project at the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. One of my latest designs with Elizabeth Craft Designs is CountryScapes.
For today’s project I’ve assembled a few of the dies from that collection to show you this cute St. Valentine’s Day card.
- Cut A6 card from the Card Shoppe Marshmallow and the 2nd layer from the Watercolor paper (4-inches x 5 3/4-inches).
- Start by stenciling clouds with Turquoise Shade of PanPastels using a soft cosmetic sponge. Sponge grassy area with Bright Yellow Green and Chromium Oxide Green PanPastel. Adhere to A6 card.
- Die cut the grasses and clump from the 80# yellow-green cardstock and shade with Ranger’s Distress Ink/Olive Green. Set in place on the card.
- Die cut one Birch Tree and two branches from 80# white cardstock layered with ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape and one from 140# cardstock. Adhere the two trees together. This gives the tree some dimension and lift. Use Copic W1 to color the tree and PanPastel’s Paynes Grey Tint to shade the tree. Set in place on the left side of the card, allowing the tops of the tree to extend above the card.
- Die cut the leaves out of a yellow-green cardstock 9 times to fill the tree. Place on the leaf pad and with the Leaf tool, draw a line down the center. Pinch the tip end, then lightly dip into the glue and adhere to the tree branches.
- On a non-stick mat create the hearts by dispensing two small dots of the Viva Decor Pearl Pen and using a toothpick to draw down between them. Allow to dry 30 minutes.
- Die cut Geraniums and Flower Pot from Backyard 1 set in 80#white cardstock.
Color with Copic pens. Use the medium ball stylus from the tool kit and shape the flower pot. Add a 3-D dot to the back and adhere to the right side of the card. Set the leaves/stem and flower heads in place. Punch tiny red hearts and adhere to the flower heads. Lightly color with the Sakura Gelly Roll pen.
- Adhere a small piece of ECD Transparent Double Sided Tape to 80# white cardstock and die cut alphabet letters for L O V E.
- Gently peel away lining and sprinkle each letter with a different color of Silk Microfine Glitter, or use one color–your choice.
- Die cut Crow from 80# cardstock; color and shade with Copic B99 and 100 Black.
Add a small punched red heart to the breast area and color it with the Sakura Pen. Adhere Crow to the branch with a 3-D dot.
- Adhere the letters as shown.
- Finally, stamp the phrase–”The Best Things in Life aren’t Things” on 80# white cardstock, deckle the edges and shade with Copic R37 pen. Adhere to the upper right corner.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Susan’s Garden Line:
PanPastels KitII & Paynes Grey Tint
Viva Decor–Pearl Pen/Red
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen/Clear
Ranger’s Distress Ink/Olive Green
Copic Pens – W1, YR27, E09, R37, B99, 100 Black
Bazzill Paper Co 100# Card Shoppe/Marshmallow
80# white cardstock
80# Yellow Green cardstock
The French Paper Company 140# Paper/Brown
Small heart hand punch