It’s Frances Byrne here today with my first Pop It Ups Wednesday blog post. For my card today I decided to use the new Rectangle Pull Card to create a Gatefold Rectangle Pull Card with a birthday theme.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of card or designer paper at 12 inches x 6 inches. Score along the 12 inch side at 4 1/2 inches and 7 1/2 inches.
2. Draw a light pencil line 1 inch in from the top and bottom edge of the card (you will be erasing this line after die cutting.
3. Line the main die from the Rectangle Pull Card so that the centre nubs of the die are positioned on the 4 1/2 inch score line and the outside edges of the rectangle are lined up with the pencil line. (Note: This is important).
4. Position the top cutting plate so that it lines up just past the centre line of the die, this enables you to die cut the rectangle portion of the die without die cutting the closure notch of the die. Run through die cutting machine.
5. Remove the die from your card and place the die on the opposite end of the card so that the centre nubs of the die line up with the 7 1/2 inch score line and again making sure that the rectangle portion of the die are lined up within the pencil line. Position the top cutting plate as we did in step 4 so we do not die cut the closure notch.
6. Fold the two centre score lines as a valley fold and the score lines that were created when we die cut the Rectangle Pull Card are a mountain fold. Erase all pencil lines from your card.
7. Using white card die cut two rectangles using the large rectangle die from the Rectangle Pull Card. Use foam tape to layer these rectangle panels to the outer rectangle of the card as per photo above.
8. Using colors of your choice, die cut all the pieces for Whiskers the Cat and assemble as per photo. (Note: for easier layering of all the die cut pieces adhere Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of all the card that you will be using to die cut all your layering pieces). You will need to die cut and assemble two cats.
9. From the Props 2 – Party die set die cut the pieces for the party hat and blower and add these to each of the cats. (adhere ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of your card before die cutting). Use foam tape to layer the cats to the white rectangle panels of the card.
10. Using orange card die cut two of the postage frames and from white card two of the small rectangles from the Rectangle Pull Card set. Layer the white rectangle pieces under the postage frame.
11. Using the Alphabet 1 – Caps & the Numbers & More die sets, die cut “H”, “B”, “2” & “U” from blue card which has ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape added to the back of it. Add the “H” and “B” to one of the postage panels and the “2” and “U” to the other and use foam tape to position these to the side panels of the front of the card as per the photo above.
12. Cut a piece of orange card what is just under 3 inches x 6 inches and a piece of white card that is 2 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches. Adhere the white to the orange card and then adhere this to the centre of the inside of the card.
13. Adhere ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of a strip of orange card and blue card and die cut the Alphabet 1 – Caps twice from each color. Adhere the letters to the white panel to create your greeting. (To get my greeting even I drew a pencil line 1 inch from the top and bottom and then 1 1/4 inches from the bottom line up until I had my 4 lines. For the hyphens I just cut a piece long enough from one of the unused letters from the die cut alphabet). Die cut a mouse from the Whiskers the Cat set and add to the bottom of the centre panel.
14. Die cut 4 party balloons from the Props 2 – Party die set using the reverse side of the remaining designer paper and the 4 squiggles in Kraft Card from the Rectangle Pull Card die set. Add the squiggle to the balloons and add them to the back of the rectangle panel using foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.