Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I like to find multiple uses for my dies and the flower I created on this card is the perfect example of that. Let me show you how to make a multi-dimensional flower using the new Hardware 1 – Hinges dies.
1. Cut kraft cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Make two short score lines at 2 3/4″ on the front of the kraft cardstock as shown below. Die cut using the tag die from Tags & More 5 – Sunburst at the score line on the left side of the card front as shown below. Complete the score line after die cutting.
2. Cut a piece of orange cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the inside of the card. Make a small pencil mark at 2 3/4″ and 1 1/4″ from each side. Place one Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges on the score line and die cut.* Repeat for the other pencil mark. See photo below.
*Remember – you MUST use the metal adaptor plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Inside your machine’s standard cutting sandwich place the following in this order: Metal plate, Shimmer Sheetz, die with the cutting side facing DOWN toward the metal plate.
3. Die cut the following pieces as shown below:
- From blue cardstock: (1) tag at 2 1/4″ x 4″, (2) corner adornments, (1) strip of small circles at 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- From Peridot Shimmer Sheetz: (2) leaves from Daisy die*
- From orange cardstock: (1) circle reinforcement
- From Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz: (6) Hardware 1 – Hinges embossed with Flower Mosaic Embossing Folder*
4. To assemble the flower, bend each Hardware piece in half so the holes line up. Place all Hardware pieces through a brad, poke a hole in the middle of the blue tag, put the brad through the tag and bend the prongs on the reverse side. Adhere the leaves under the flower petals.
5. Adhere the blue tag to the card front. Adhere orange circle reinforcement, thread silver cord through the hole and tie a bow.
6. Adhere corner adornments and blue strip of small circles on the inside of the card.
7. Apply silver Thinking of You Peel-Off above the blue strip of small circles.
8. Apply silver Ribbon Butterfly Peel-Off to the front right side of the card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
kraft, blue and orange cardstock – Top Line Creations
Silver Cord – Stampin’ Up!