Hello! This is Christine from Dexter, Maine. Boy, has it been cold and snowy here with more snow on the way! I am wanting spring to arrive as I am sure many of you are. I have created this card with Susan’s Garden Notes – Rose 2 die. I have chosen the rose as my first post because I love roses and I really wish they were in bloom in my gardens right now!
Making the card:
1. Cut cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ then fold in half and ink all edges with distress ink.
2. Take the main die from the Katie Label Accordion die set and cut 1 accordion page from white cardstock. Trim the label from the center flush with the frame and trim off the long tab as shown below.
3. Take two accessory label dies from the same die set and lay them together to cut out a label as shown below. Ink the edges.
4. Cut a piece of Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz 4″ x 5-1/4″. Emboss with the Heart Strings embossing folder and sand lightly. Attach this piece to the front of the card base using Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive.
5. Stamp the label from step 3 with Winter Spring sentiment in black ink closer to the right side of the label then attach in the center of the card.
6. Attach foam tape to the back of the frame from step 2 and place on card front.
7. Die cut the rose using Garden Notes – Rose 2. Using white Pan Pastel, lightly ink the rose petals and shape the petals, leaves and stems using the toolkit (which will be in stock soon!)
8. Finish by attaching the rose and the red pearls to the card.
I hope this post will inspire you to try these great products from Elizabeth Craft Designs!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Close to My Heart cardstock – New England Ivy, White Daisy and Tulip
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Close to My Heart black ink
Pan Pastel in white
6mm Red Adhesive Pearls