It’s Frances Byrne here today with a card using a couple of the new Susan’s Garden range of dies recently released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I was super excited when I saw that Susan was releasing the Garden Patch dies as these can be used in so many ways. You can use the grid and the square together or just the grids or the squares on their own.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″ to create a top folding card. Sponge around the edges using a light brown ink.
2. Cut a piece of brown cardstock and orange cardstock large enough to fit the large grid from the Garden Patch – 1 1/2 inch & Mini Petals die. Place Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of each piece of cardstock and die cut.
Cut another piece of brown cardstock 3 3/8″ x 5″. Layer the brown grid onto the brown cardstock. Attach to the folded cream cardstock using foam tape.
3. Using dark brown ink, stamp the Sunshine & Love Rubber Stamp on each of the orange squares. (Note: I used a stamp positioner for mine to help center the sentiment on the square but you could also eyeball it if you prefer. You will need to stamp a second time below the first stamping to fill the square).
- Sponge the edges of each square using light brown ink. Attach the squares into the brown grid.
4. Die cut 2 each of the Garden Notes – Sunflower using yellow cardstock for the flower; green cardstock for the leaves and brown cardstock for the center (florets/seed pods) of the sunflower.
- If you are new to assembling the flowers, check out the details on Susan’s video here. Otherwise, feel free to continue below.
- Use orange chalk to color the center yellow portion of the sunflower and green chalk to color the leaves. Use a balling tool and molding mat to shape the flowers and petals. Glue both large flowers on top of each other offsetting one a little and the smaller single petals around the top center about 1/4″ from the center.
- Place brown florets/seed pods onto molding mat and use stylus to cup each floret/seed pod and glue these to the center of the sunflower.
- Use the balling tool to shape the leaves and use the sharp leaf tool to create veins in the leaves.
- Attach the flower to the card as shown above.
5. Add Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of the green cardstock. Use the Alphabet 1 – Caps die to die cut the letters HELLO from the green cardstock. Attach letters to form the word HELLO downward on the right side of the card.
The Inside of the Card:
6. Ink the edges of the inside of the card using light brown ink.
7. Cut brown cardstock and orange cardstock large enough to fit the large grid from the Garden Patch – 1 1/2″ & Mini Petals die. Place Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of each piece of cardstock and die cut. (Tip: You only need to use half of the grid and squares). Trim off any extra lines of text so that the top edge is flush.
- Adhere the brown grid to the bottom of the card ensuring that it is centered.
- Stamp the Sunshine and Love sentiment onto the orange squares as completed in step 3.
- Ink the edges of the orange squares using light brown ink.
- Adhere the orange squares to the brown grid on the bottom of the card.
- Trim off any overhang so the edges of the card are even.
8. Stamp Sunshine and Love sentiment to the top section of the inside of the card using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: brown, orange, yellow, green, cream
Ink: light brown, dark brown, black
Chalk: orange, green