Debra here today. One of the first things that I learned and fell in love with from Elizabeth Craft Designs was using peel-off stickers that are adhered to cardstock covered with Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive and then glittered. Seeing color flowing over the sparkly, glittered surface was like magic to me – oh-so-beautiful and easy! You can hardly mess it up and the results are stunning every time. I created a Get Well Soon card featuring this signature technique to share with you today.
1. Start with the flowers:
- Before reading the instructions below, you can see a video Els created using this technique here.
- Place a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto white cardstock that is big enough for your peel-offs and remove the release sheet.
- Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
- Place the peel-offs onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
- Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on top of the peel-off. (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.)
- Use the release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints.
- Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish the glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
- * Color your images as desired using alcohol-based markers on the glitter.
- Cut around all peel-off pieces.
- Color white edges with a black permanent marker to give a more finished look.
* Coloring Tips for alcohol-based markers and glitter: Remember when using alcohol-based markers, such as Copics, work quickly and don’t let the tip of the marker linger on the glittered surface. Too much alcohol ink can dissolve the adhesive and remove the glitter. It takes very little ink to color the surface of the glittered image so work with a light touch. To get the faded look as in the image on this card, lay a line of color down along one edge of the section you want to color and then use your Blender pen to pull the color across the rest of the image. You may have to lay more color down to get deeper shading after you blend it out.
2. Making the card:
- Fold a piece of 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ white cardstock in half to create a standard A2 size card base.
- Cut a piece of pattern paper 5 1/4″ x 4″ and another piece of that same pattern paper to 1″ x 4 1/4″ and ink the edges with brown ink.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ and a piece of salmon-colored cardstock 4″ x 3″.
3. Place the Get Well Soon Stand Up Helper die on the upper left edge of the salmon cardstock. Die cut and trim away excess from both sides of the die cut words.
4. Adhere pattern paper to card front.
- Adhere Get Well Soon salmon cardstock to white cardstock.
- Adhere glittered peel-off to salmon cardstock on pop dots.
- Adhere the extra flower on a pop dot, over the main flower of the right flower vase, offset. See photo below for placement.
- Add Corners and Borders Peel-Offs to the pattern paper to complete the front.
5. Decorate the inside of the card:
- Adhere 1″ x 4 1/4″ strip of pattern paper to bottom inside about 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Add colored and glittered flower with stem peel-off, corner, border and circles to complete.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you feel inspired to get out your peel-offs, glitter, double-sided adhesive and alcohol-based markers to create beautiful cards for the special people in your life!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
936 Get Well Soon Stand Up Helper
Transparent Double Sided Adhesive
2590 Flower Vases 1 Peel- Offs in black
1034 Corners and Borders Peel-Offs in black
640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Cardstock – Bazzill
Pattern paper- Authentique
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Black permanent marker
Copic Markers- YR00, YR23, YR27, YG63, RV32, 0
Beautiful card – the colors and coloring work really well and look great!
I love this. I like how the sentiment turns into the mat. Beautiful
Beautiful card, with a wonderful tutorial. Love this!
Beautiful card Debra, love how you decorated the inside too
I love the card – so cheerful for someone who is not feeling well. I really like the looks of the peel-offs. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful and cheery card Debra! 🙂
I like how you’ve used the Borders & Corners peel-offs. Such a cheerful card too.
Beautiful card Debra, I too love to color on the sparkly microfine glitter. Your get well card is sure to brighten anyone’s day, the colors are beautiful. Thank you