It’s Debra today. Happy Easter! I’ve been thinking of the days when my children were young enjoying filling beautiful Easter baskets with decorated eggs and treasures. I wanted to create a basket card and fill it with glittered eggs just as my children did. I used the Bamboo Trellis die to create my basket. Let me show you how.
1. Fold an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock. Emboss with the Fleur de Lis embossing folder. Die cut the embossed piece with the Accordion Oval Card die. Clip out the center oval creating a frame. See photo below.
2. Die cut the Bamboo Trellis from cream cardstock and clip off the bottom part. Nest the two largest decorator ovals from the Accordion Oval Card die together, closer at the bottom, and die cut from cream cardstock. Clip from the oval and cut in half to form the handles for the basket. Ink all pieces with brown ink. See photo below.
3. Using scraps of green cardstock, die cut 2 grass edges from Outdoor Edges and 2 grass strips from Country Scapes- Country Flora 1 to use as grass for the basket. Cut a small green piece to cover the center of the trellis. Adhere the handle strips on the back side of the embossed piece, showing through the front. Adhere trellis to the bottom 3rd of the oval opening. Trim off excess. See photo below.
4. Cover a piece of white cardstock with Transparent Double-Sided Tape. Add eggs and butterflies from the Small Eggs Peel-Off to the adhesive, sticky side down, and glitter with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and polish with your finger. See a video that Els created HERE to see how this technique is done.
5. Color Peel-Offs with Copic markers as shown in the video and trim closely with Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors.
6. Die cut a bow from the wreath bow die from a pink Velvet Adhesive Sheet and another from cream cardstock. Save the cream negatives to place inside the bow on the card front.
7. Assemble the card. Adhere a piece of light blue pattern paper to the top half of the card front. Add the embossed basket panel to the card front on foam adhesive. Adhere front 3 eggs to basket on foam adhesive and back 2 eggs directly on the card base. Add grass between eggs to fill in space. Add bow to top of basket. Trim outside of oval with Transparent Glitter Border. Add butterfly to top left to complete.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope making the Trellis Easter Basket Card with me today will inspire you to look for different ways to use your dies to create beautiful projects for those special people in your life.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
898 Small Eggs Peel-Off Black
727 Bamboo Trellis
E109 Fleur de Lis Embossing Folder
772 Accordion Oval Card
914 Outdoor Edges
991 Country Scapes – Country Flora 1
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
7010 Glitter Borders Assorted Transparent/Gold
731 Wreath Bow
640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Transparent Double Sided Adhesive
409 Pink Velvet Adhesive Sheet
Cardstock – white, green, cream
Light blue pattern paper
Brown ink pad