Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I’d like to show you how you can quickly put a masculine card together using Shimmer Sheetz and Peel-Off Stickers. By using peel-offs, the beauty of the Shimmer Sheetz shows through without the need to color. Let me show you how I made this card.
1. Cut tan cardstock at 5.5″ x 8.5″ and score at 4.25″ for a standard A2 size base card.
2. Cut white cardstock at 4″ x 5.25″. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz at 3.75″ x 5″. Emboss with Clouds Embossing Folder. Sand to reveal the clear core around the embossed clouds. Adhere to white cardstock.
4. Cut Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz large enough to fit lighthouse peel-off. Alter using alcohol inks and a felt applicator. Apply peel-off sticker and cut out image using Fine Pointed Scissors.
5. Cut White Iris Shimmer Sheetz large enough to fit seagull. Apply peel-off sticker and cut out image.
6. Die cut the pieces shown below:
- (2) Hardware 1 – Hinges from Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz inked with black StazOn.
- (8) Jewelry 1 – Sea Glass shapes from cork and ink if desired.
7. Adhere pieces to card using photo for placement. Apply Glitter Dots in the holes of the Hardware Hinges. Tip: stagger the cork Sea Glass shapes to resemble rocks. Use foam tape for dimension behind the lighthouse and seagull.
8. Use Transfer Sheet to apply the negative image of the lighthouse. See a video tutorial HERE on using transfer sheets.
9. Apply Happy Birthday peel-off to the top center of card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself. Happy Crafting!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Slate, Currant & Wild Plum Alcohol Ink – Ranger
Jet Black StazOn – Tsukineko
Weathered Wood Distress Ink – Ranger
Cardstock – tan, white
Cork Adhesive Sheets – DCWV