It’s Frances Byrne here today. This time around I decided to use the one of the grids from Susan’s Garden Patch range of dies to create a scene you might see looking out of a window.
Here is how I created my card:
1. To create the card base –
- Cut a piece of green cardstock 5-7/8″ x 11-6/8″. Score along the long side at 5-7/8″ so you have a top folded card 5-7/8″ square.
- Cut a piece of brown cardstock 5-11/16″ square.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 5-1/2″ square.
- Layer the designer paper onto the brown cardstock and then onto the top folded card. Set aside.
2. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 3-3/8″ x 5″. Apply light blue ink to the inside of the Clouds Embossing Folder and place the cream cardstock inside and emboss. Color the bottom part of the cream cardstock with a green Copic marker.
3. Using the CountryScapes – The Woods 1 die set, die cut the following:
- (1) each of the tree and branches from kraft cardstock
- (6) leaves from green cardstock
4. Add detail to the tree trunk and branches using a brown Copic marker. Adhere the tree to the left side of the cream piece of cardstock and then adhere the leaves all over the tree.
5. Using the CountryScapes – Backyard 1 die set, die cut the following:
- (4) each tall grass from green cardstock
- (1) watering can from orange cardstock
6. Add shading to the grass & watering can using Copic markers.
7. Die cut the large grid from the Garden Patch – 1-1/2 inch & Mini Petals die four times from brown cardstock and adhere the grids on top of each other to give height. Adhere the grid over the top of the tree scene trimming off any branches or leaves hanging over the card.
8. Attach “window” scene to the right side of base card as per photo above.
9. To finish off the front of the card, adhere a green button which has been threaded with hemp cord to the top left corner of the card.
The inside of the card:
10. Cut the following:
- brown cardstock 5-11/16″ square
- cream cardstock 5-1/2″ square
11. Layer the cream cardstock to the brown cardstock and adhere to the inside of the card.
12. Using five of the 1-1/2″ brown squares which are left over from die cutting the brown grids in step 5, adhere them to the inside of the card as per photo above.
13. Stamp sentiment “The Best Things in Life” in the center of the square of cream cardstock using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Other:Cardstock: cream, brown, green, kraft Bo Bunny Safari Collection 6 inch Paper Pad Green button Brown hemp cord Glue Copic markers Ink – black, blue