Made by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Susan Tierney Cockburn Design Team
Hello! Mary here with a colorful greeting card featuring Susan Tierney Cockburn’s lilies. The subtle flower-embossed velvet background makes a soft backdrop to the 3D flowers.
Making the Card
1. Cut pink cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and fold in half to form a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card base.
2. Cut pink velvet 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″. Emboss with Bouquet embossing folder. Die cut embossed velvet squares from Garden Patch – 1-1/2-inch & Mini Roses. Also cut black cardstock frame.
3. Adhere black frame only to center of card front. Peel off backing and adhere each velvet embossed square in the same locations as they were cut, but in the black frame.
4. Die cut the following from Garden Notes – Lily: two stems from green cardstock, one set of leaves from green cardstock, and two sets of all the petals from red cardstock. Color and shape as in the video below.
5. Adhere flowers to front of card as shown. I cut off the leaves and across the center of one stem to re-arrange them where I wanted. Adhere bow as shown.
6. Cut four copies of Hello in pink cardstock. Cut one copy in red. Line up and adhere pink copies together to make a thick Hello. Optional: shade red copy. Adhere red copy to top of stack. Adhere Hello to front of card as shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – pink, black, red, green
Brown embossing powder (pollen)
Distress Ink and/or Pastels for coloring