It’s Debra today. I’m so excited about the NEW Elizabeth Craft Designs spring release!! I’m in love with every one of the new dies but this adorable little Owl captured my heart first thing. I knew I had to make a card with him. Isn’t he cute!!?
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of white cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Ink the center with brown ink.
2. With the Bark Embossing Folder, emboss a piece of dark brown cardstock. Die cut an oval about 1 inch from the bottom, centered, with the largest decorator oval from the Accordion Oval Card die.
3. Die cut the remaining pieces: 2 branches in dark brown, 2 branches in green for the leaves, 3 Leafy Branches in green, 1 Owl base in tan, 1 Owl overlay in brown, 1 Owl overlay in pattern paper, feet and beak in yellow, eyes in white, 1 heart in pattern paper – all as shown below.
4. Assemble the Owl using the pattern paper as accents. The Owl die is so versatile because of all the interchangeable parts. The possibilities for cuteness are endless!
Here is a close-up below:
5. Assemble the rest of the card:
- Adhere embossed piece on dimensional foam adhesive to card front.
- Add Gold Border from Borders & Corners Peel-Off to outer edges.
- Clip off leaves from green branches and add to brown branches then adhere to card front at bottom of oval.
- Add Owl on foam adhesive.
- Add Leafy Branches to top left corner.
- Stamp sentiment on white circle.
- Add pattern heart (from the Accordion Oval Card die) and adhere to card front to complete.
Note – with the leftover pieces from the Owl die cuts, you can create another adorable Owl to use on a different project.
The Owl and Leafy Branch dies will be available for purchase at the end of April.
Thanks for stopping by today. Stay tuned for more inspiration featuring our new spring release dies – our team is amazing!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1032 Owl – available at the end of April
1033 Leafy Branch- available at the end of April
1061 Borders & Corners-Gold
772 Accordion Oval Card
E120 Bark Embossing Folder
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Cute little owl! Love the paper piecing.
this card is a hoot 🙂 … love how you used the embossing folder and the leafy branch to resemble a tree
I love this card!
So adorable! I love your polka dot Owl & the Bark Embossing Folder.
Love this, so cute
So cute! LOVE your paper pieced owl! TFS!
Can hardly wait for the release.
Oh, that owl is so sweet and I love how you paper pieced it. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the release looks like too!
How cute! Love this die.
I love it !!!!! You girls are amazing thank you,I’m just a newbie and really enjoy Elizabth Craft Design
This is such a cute card Debra. I can see how this cute owl captured your heart!