Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Summer is in full swing in South Florida and there’s no better treat than ice cream on a hot day! Let me show you how I made this fun card.
1. Cut brown cardstock at 5.5″ x 8.5″ and score at 4.25″ for an A2 sized base card.
2. Cut pink cardstock at 4″ x 5.25″ and adhere to base. Cut pattern paper at 3.75″ x 5″, ink with brown ink and adhere on top of pink cardstock.
3. Die cut the following pieces shown below by first adhering a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Tape to white & tan cardstock:
- From the Ice Cream Cone die, cut 3 scoops, 2 dripping scoops, 2 cherries and 4 drips from white cardstock.
- From the Ice Cream Cone die, cut 2 cones from tan cardstock.
- From the Alphabet 1 die, cut the letters “SCOOPS” from white cardstock. Cover with desired colors of Silk Microfine Glitter.
- From the Tags & More 1 – Lace die, cut a 4.75″ tag from white cardstock. Place lace decorative die on both top and bottom and die cut. Ink with pink ink then adhere on top of pattern paper.
4. Assemble ice cream using photos for placement. Use foam adhesive to adhere cherry on top. Use extra pieces of ice cream to decorate an envelope.
5. Cut Happy Birthday peel-off apart, place “Happy” on the top left of card and “Birthday” on the top right part of card at an angle. Place Glitter Dots in desired areas.
6. For the inside of the card: cut pattern paper at 4″ x 5.25″, ink with brown ink then adhere to inside card base.
7. Cut pink cardstock at 1″ x 4.25″ and adhere to bottom of pattern paper. Apply the outer edges of Glitter Border Lines on pink cardstock.
8. Print computer-generated sentiment onto white cardstock and die cut using a Lorna Label decorator die and ink with pink ink. Adhere “SCOOPS” between the sentiment. Adhere Lorna Label to top portion of card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1031 Ice Cream Cone – COMING SOON!
Cardstock: brown, tan, pink & pattern paper
Worn Lipstick and Vintage Photo Distress Ink – Ranger