Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Purple is my favorite color and if you combine purple and glitter – well, it can’t get much better. I would like to show you how to make a pretty purple floral Stand Up Helper that’s perfect for that special someone. Don’t forget Mother’s Day is only 2 days away.
1. Cut light purple cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ then score at 2-1/4″ and 5-1/2″ for a standard A2 base card.
2. On the non-scored bottom of card, place one Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges die 1″ from the edge of card and 2-1/4″ from the bottom. Repeat for other side. From light purple cardstock, die cut 2 hinges from Hardware 1 – Hinges. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about using Stand Up Helpers.
3. From yellow and dark purple cardstock, die cut 2 different sizes of Katie Labels.
4. Cut yellow cardstock at 3-1/2″ x 4″ and 1/2″ x 5-1/4″.
5. Cut dark purple cardstock at 3-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ and (2) at 2″ x 5-3/8″
6. Cut 2 pieces of pattern paper at 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″.
7. Adhere a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to white cardstock, remove release sheet, place desired peel-offs onto adhesive then cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color with alcohol markers and cut out images using Fine Pointed Scissors. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about this technique.
8. Use a Transfer Sheet to apply negative image to yellow cardstock. Click HERE to view a tutorial from Els about using Transfer Sheets.
9. Cut off (2) 3 scallop sections of Lace Fan peel off and place on top and bottom of yellow cardstock prior to adhering flower with foam tape.
10. Assemble card using photos for placement. Adhere Hardware 1 – Hinges over the Stand Up Helpers. Adhere a small piece of cardstock to the top back of the hinge to allow the Glitter Dot to stay in place. Place more Glitter Dots in desired areas.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: light purple, dark purple, yellow, white and pattern paper
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers