It’s Frances Byrne here today. Summer is on it’s way if you live in the northern part of the world! Down here in Australia, of course, we are approaching winter. Elizabeth Craft Designs has recently released some new peel-off stickers, one of which has a summer theme. I have used these today to create my card.
Here is how I created my card:
1. To create the card base –
a. Cut white cardstock 5 -1/2″ x 11″. Score along the long side at 5-1/2″ so you have a top-folded card 5-1/2″ square.
b. Cut blue cardstock 5-1/4″ square. Dab a small amount of Picket Fence Distress Paint onto a craft mat, pick up some of the ink using a blending tool and apply the paint to the top portion of the card to resemble clouds. Adhere card to white folded card.
c. Cut kraft cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Use the wavy edge die from the Beach Edges die set and line this up along the top of the card and die cut. Use a dot background stamp and kraft ink to randomly apply dots to the card. Ink around the edges of the card with the same ink. Layer this to the blue card so the bottom of the kraft card lines up with the bottom of the blue card.
d. Cut blue cardstock 5-1/4″ x 2″ and another piece of blue cardstock 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″. Use the waves border die from the Beach Edges die set and line this up along the top of these pieces of card and die cut. Dab a small amount of Picket Fence Distress Paint onto a craft mat, pick up some of the ink using a blending tool and apply the paint to the top portion of the waves. Adhere the taller blue card to the bottom of the kraft card and then attach the second set of waves to the card using foam tape. Set aside.
2. Creating the images on the front –
a. Before reading the instructions below, you can see a video Els created using this technique here.
b. Place a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto cardstock that is big enough for your peel-offs and remove the release sheet.
c. Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
d. From the Summer peel-offs, place the Ice Cream; Sun; Beach Ball; Shell; Thermometer; Sunglasses; Flip-Flops and Ice Block peel-offs onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
e. Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on top of the peel-off. (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.)
f. Use release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints.
g. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
h. Color your images as desired using alcohol-based markers on the glitter.
i. Cut around all peel-off pieces and attach to the card. The Thermometer, Shell and bottom Flip-Flop are attached using adhesive, the other Flip-Flop and Sunglasses are attached to the card using foam tape. The Beach Ball is attached between the waves using adhesive.
* Coloring Tips for alcohol-based markers and glitter: Remember that when using alcohol-based markers, such as Copics, work quickly and don’t let the tip of the marker linger on the glittered surface. Too much alcohol ink can dissolve the adhesive and remove the glitter. It takes very little ink to color the surface of the glittered image so work with a light touch. To get the faded look, lay a line of color down along one edge of the section you want to color and then use your Blender pen to pull the color across the rest of the image. You may have to lay more color down to get deeper shading after you blend it out.
3. Die cut “Hello” from the Hello die from bright pink cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of it. Adhere this to the upper right side of the card as shown in photo # 1 above.
The inside of the card:
4. Adhere the Ice Block peel-off to the lower right corner of the card and the Sun peel-off to the upper left corner of the card.
5. Using the Alphabet 1 – Caps die set, die cut “SUMMER FUN” from bright pink cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of it. Adhere the letters to the card so that they are positioned slightly to the left of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 2595 Summer peel-offs Black 981 Beach Edges 787 Hello 967 Alphabet 1 – Caps 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter 802 Fine Pointed Scissors Other: Cardstock: white, blue, kraft, bright pink Distress Paint – Picket Fence Blending Tool Craft Mat Dots Background Stamp Copic Markers Foam Tape